Sally S. Cohen is assistant professor and director of the Center for Health Policy at Yale University School of Nursing. Her recent research and publications focus on the arrangements between advanced-practice nurses and managed care organizations. She is also writing a book on the politics of federal child care legislation. Dr. Cohen has been director of Public Policy and Research for the National League for Nursing, and she has extensive experience in state and federal social policies, especially as they pertain to children and families.
MANAGED CARE AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH
Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2010
1998 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 43, Issue 3, pages 150–161, May-June 1998
How to Cite
Cohen, S. S. and Williams, D. R. (1998), MANAGED CARE AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 43: 150–161. doi: 10.1016/S0091-2182(98)00008-1
CNMs/CMs and midwives as used herein refer to those midwifery practitioners who are certified by the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) or the ACNM Certification Council, Inc.; midwifery refers to the profession as practiced in accordance with the standards promulgated by the ACNM. The formal mechanism recognizing the CM credential began in 1996; thus, CMs are not included in federal Medicaid or Medicare laws or regulations nor in some HMO/MCO provider lists.
In this article, the terms health maintenance organization (HMO) and managed care organization (MCO) are used interchangeably.
- Issue online: 31 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 31 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.