Maureen Corry has 20 years experience as an executive in the not-for-profit voluntary health sector. She joined the Maternity Center Association (MCA) as its executive director in 1995. Prior to MCA, she spent 14 years at the March of Dimes Births Defects Foundation in several positions. As national director of education and health promotion, she was responsible for planning, evaluating, and marketing health promotion programs for the general public, pregnant women, and health care providers. She also served as director of community services and executive director of a local chapter. She received her MPH from Yale School of Medicine in health policy and administration and her BS degree in health education from Texas Woman's University. She has served as an officer for several national health education organizations, including chair of the National School Health Education Coalition and treasurer of the Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition. Currently, she is a member of the ACNM Evidence-Based Midwifery Practice Task Force.
Public Education: Promoting The Midwifery Model Of Care In Partnership With The Maternity Center Association
Article first published online: 30 DEC 2010
1999 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 44, Issue 1, pages 47–56, January-February 1999
How to Cite
Corry, M. P. and Rooks, J. P. (1999), Public Education: Promoting The Midwifery Model Of Care In Partnership With The Maternity Center Association. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 44: 47–56. doi: 10.1016/S0091-2182(98)00077-9
- Issue published online: 30 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 30 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.