1Margaret Peters is a former President and current Director of the International Confederation of Midwives. Because of her internationally recognized concern for the health and welfare of mothers and babies as well as her staunch advocacy of the Safe Motherhood Initiative and the United Nation's Children's Fund (UNICEF), she was invited to present the American College of Nurse-Midwive's 1998 Therese Dondero keynote address, a distinct honor bestowed annually since 1987. She is a Distinguished Fellow in the Australian College of Midwives and was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia in 1985 for her service to midwifery education and practice.
SAFE MOTHERHOOD—A JOURNEY
Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2010
1999 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 145–150, March-April 1999
How to Cite
Peters, M. (1999), SAFE MOTHERHOOD—A JOURNEY. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 44: 145–150. doi: 10.1016/S0091-2182(99)00024-5
- Issue online: 30 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.