Angela Liburd is a practicing midwife with 10 years of clinical experience. This has been achieved through working in the National Health Service in the hospital and community setting as well as in Saudi Arabia. Ms. Liburd has been using complementary therapies since 1992. She achieved the Diploma of Higher Education in complementary therapy (aromatherapy) in 1996 at the University of Greenwich. She completed the Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in therapeutic massage in June 1998 and is a Level III Reiki practitioner. She has been a member of the Working Party devising policies for the use of complementary therapies at her workplace, and is currently working on guidelines for their use. Ms. Liburd is the regional representative for the Complementary Therapies in Maternity Care National Forum. She provides workshops and gives lectures on the use of aromatherapy and massage for pregnant women and babies.
THE USE OF COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES IN MIDWIFERY IN THE UK
Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2010
1999 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 44, Issue 3, pages 325–329, May-June 1999
How to Cite
Liburd, A. (1999), THE USE OF COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES IN MIDWIFERY IN THE UK. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 44: 325–329. doi: 10.1016/S0091-2182(99)00036-1
- Issue online: 30 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 30 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.