Sandra Fischer has been a registered nurse since 1975 with her professional experience mainly focused on maternal/child health. Ms. Fischer received her BS in 1994 from Nazareth College of Rochester and completed her MS in nurse-midwifery at the State University of New York at Stony Brook in 1997. She studied Therapeutic Touch with Dolores Krieger, RN, PhD, and has practiced Therapeutic Touch since 1989, teaching small groups in the Rochester area. As a member of Nurse Healers-Professional Associates International, Inc. (NH-PA, Inc.) and a networker in New York State for this organization, she assists individuals to find Therapeutic Touch practitioners in their community.
A Viable Link to Midwifery Practice
Article first published online: 30 DEC 2010
1999 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 44, Issue 3, pages 300–309, May-June 1999
How to Cite
Fischer, S. and Johnson, P. G. (1999), THERAPEUTIC TOUCH. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 44: 300–309. doi: 10.1016/S0091-2182(99)00039-7
- Issue published online: 30 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 30 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.