1Lisa L. Paine is Professor and Chair, Department of Maternal and Child Health at the Boston University School of Public Health, Boston. She received public health education at the Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health and nurse-midwifery education at the University of Utah. Dr. Paine is currently a member of the Board of Trustees of the ACNM Foundation and an editorial consultant for the Journal of Nurse-Midwifery. In 1998, she served as Chairperson of the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) Center for the Health Professions Taskforce on Midwifery.
MIDWIFERY IN THE 21ST CENTURY: Recommendations from the Pew Health Professions Commission/UCSF Center for the Health Professions 1998 Taskforce on Midwifery*
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
1999 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 341–348, July-August 1999
How to Cite
Paine, L. L., Dower, C. M. and O'Neil, E. H. (1999), MIDWIFERY IN THE 21ST CENTURY: Recommendations from the Pew Health Professions Commission/UCSF Center for the Health Professions 1998 Taskforce on Midwifery. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 44: 341–348. doi: 10.1016/S0091-2182(99)00058-0
- Issue published online: 24 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!