1Judith P. Rooks is a midwife, epidemiologist, consultant, and writer focusing on maternal and child health, family planning, and midwifery—and author of Midwifery and Childbirth in America, published by Temple University Press in 1997. She is an Associate of the Pacific Institute for Women's Health, which is based in Los Angeles, and holds a courtesy appointment in the Department of Community and Family Health, College of Public Health, University of South Florida, in Tampa. Ms. Rooks was a member of the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) Center for the Health Professions Taskforce on Midwifery.
THE MIDWIFERY MODEL OF CARE*
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
1999 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 370–374, July-August 1999
How to Cite
Rooks, J. P. (1999), THE MIDWIFERY MODEL OF CARE. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 44: 370–374. doi: 10.1016/S0091-2182(99)00060-9
- Issue published online: 24 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.