1Jo Anne Myers-Ciecko, executive director of the Seattle Midwifery School, Seattle, Washington, since 1984, completed a masters degree in public health at the University of Washington in 1998. She participated in the seminars on midwifery education sponsored by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in 1989 and 1990, and subsequently joined the national task force on certification convened by the North American Registry of Midwives. She was a founding member of the Midwifery Education Accreditation Council and currently is its treasurer. In 1998, she served as a member of the UCSF Center for the Health Professions Taskforce on Midwifery.
EVOLUTION AND CURRENT STATUS OF DIRECT-ENTRY MIDWIFERY EDUCATION, REGULATION, AND PRACTICE IN THE UNITED STATES, WITH EXAMPLES FROM WASHINGTON STATE*
Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
1999 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Nurse-Midwifery
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 384–393, July-August 1999
How to Cite
Myers-Ciecko, J. A. (1999), EVOLUTION AND CURRENT STATUS OF DIRECT-ENTRY MIDWIFERY EDUCATION, REGULATION, AND PRACTICE IN THE UNITED STATES, WITH EXAMPLES FROM WASHINGTON STATE. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 44: 384–393. doi: 10.1016/S0091-2182(99)00070-1
- Issue online: 24 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.