Molecular aspects of healing in stabilized and non-stabilized fractures
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2001 Orthopaedic Research Society
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 78–84, January 2001
How to Cite
Le, A. X., Miclau, T., Hu, D. and Helms, J. A. (2001), Molecular aspects of healing in stabilized and non-stabilized fractures. J. Orthop. Res., 19: 78–84. doi: 10.1016/S0736-0266(00)00006-1
- Issue online: 1 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAR 2000
- Manuscript Received: 18 AUG 1999
- NIH. Grant Number: K08-HD01079
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation
- 1Visualization of gene expression patterns by in situ hybridization. In: DastonGP, editor. Molecular and cellular methods in developmental toxicology. Boca Raton: CRC Press; 1997. p. 23–48., , .
- 2Demonstration of TGF-beta 1 mRNA by in situ hybridization in normal human fracture healing. Calcif Tissue Int 1993; 52: 74–8., , , , .
- 3The influence of mechanical conditions on the healing of experimental fractures in the rabbit: a microscopical study. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 1986; 313: 271–302..
- 4Macromolecular synthesis and mechanical stability. In: HallBK, editor. Bone. Boca Raton: CRC Press; 1994. p. 61–121..
- 5Hedgehog and Bmp genes are coexpressed at many diverse sites of cell-cell interaction in the mouse embryo. Dev Biol 1995; 172: 126–38., .
- 6Production of a standard closed fracture in laboratory animal bone. J Orthop Res 1984; 2: 97–101., .
- 7Expression of four growth factors during fracture repair. Int J Dev Biol 1993; 37: 573–9., , .
- 8A reproducible method for producing and quantifying the stages of fracture repair. Lab Anim Sci 1992; 42: 369–74., , .
- 9Early histologic and ultrastructural changes in microvessels periosteal callus. J Orthop Trauma 1997; 11: 244–53., .
- 10Effects of early motion on healing of musculoskeletal tissues. Hand Clin 1996; 12: 13–24..
- 11Bone development. Ciba Found Symp 1988; 136: 3–21..
- 12Correlations between mechanical stress history and tissue differentiation in initial fracture healing. J Orthop Res 1988; 6: 736–48., , .
- 13Mechanical factors in bone growth and development. Bone 1996; 18: 5S–10S., , .
- 14Musculoskeletal ontogeny, phylogeny, and functional adaptation. J Biomech 1991; 24(Suppl 1): 3–16., , .
- 15Does adult fracture repair recapitulate embryonic skeletal formation? Mech Dev 1999; 87: 57–66., , , .
- 16The role of Indian hedgehog in chondrogenesis. Ann NY Acad Sci 1998; 857: 33–42., , , , .
- 17A standardized experimental fracture in the mouse tibia. J Orthop Res 1993; 11: 305–12., , .
- 18Expression of Indian hedgehog, bone morphogenetic protein and 6 gli during skeletal morphogenesis. Mech Dev 1997; 69: 197–202., , .
- 19Sonic hedgehog differentially regulates expression of GLI and GL13 during limb development. Dev Biol 1996; 180: 273–83., , , .
- 20Transient and localized expression of bone morphogenetic protein 4 messenger RNA during fracture healing. J Bone Miner Res 1994; 9: 651–9., , , , , , , , .
- 21Interaction of Ihh and BMP/Noggin signaling during cartilage differentiation. Dev Biol 1999; 209: 239–53., , , .
- 22Development and regeneration of the musculoskeletal system. Curr Opinion Orthop 1998; 9: 20–4., .
- 23Regulation of rate of cartilage differentiation by Indian hedgehog and PTH-related protein. Science 1996; 273: 613–22., , , , , .
- 24Recapitulation of signals regulating embryonic bone formation during postnatal growth and in fracture repair. Mech Dev 1998; 71: 65–76., , , , , .
- 25Mechanotransduction across the cell surface and through the cytoskeleton [see comments]. Science 1993; 260: 1124–7., , .