Gene mediated insulin-like growth factor-I delivery to the synovium
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2001 Orthopaedic Research Society
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Volume 19, Issue 5, pages 759–767, September 2001
How to Cite
Saxer, R. A., Bent, S. J., Brower-Toland, B. D., Mi, Z., Robbins, P. D., Evans, C. H. and Nixon, A. J. (2001), Gene mediated insulin-like growth factor-I delivery to the synovium. J. Orthop. Res., 19: 759–767. doi: 10.1016/S0736-0266(00)00077-2
- Issue online: 1 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 DEC 2000
- Hary M. Zweig Foundation
- NIH RO1 AR. Grant Number: 43623-01
- 1Intraarticular expression of biologically active interleukin 1-receptor-antagonist protein by ex vivo gene transfer. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1993; 90: 10764–8., , , , , , , , , .
- 2Long-term transgene expression in fetal rat suprachiasmatic nucleus neurografts following ex vivo adenoviral vector-mediated gene transfer. Exp Neurol 1997; 145: 536–45., , , , .
- 3Direct adenovirus-mediated insulin-like growth factor-I gene transfer enhances transplant chondrocyte function. Hum Gene Ther 2001; 12: 117–29., , , , , , .
- 4Adenovirus-mediated regulable target gene expression in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1999; 96: 355–60., , , , .
- 5Improved quantitation and discrimination of sulphated glycosaminoglycans by use of dimethylmethylene blue. Biochem Biophys Acta 1986; 883: 173–7., , .
- 6Insulin-like growth factor-I gene expression patterns during spontaneous repair of acute articular cartilage injury. J Orthop Res 2001; 19: 720–8., , , , .
- 7Coordinate upregulation of cartilage matrix synthesis in fibrin cultures supplemented with exogenous insulin-like growth factor-I. J Orthop Res 1999; 17: 467–74., , , .
- 8Construction of adenovirus vectors through Cre-lox recombination. J Virol 1997; 71: 1842–9., , , , .
- 9Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) enhances hyaluronic acid synthesis in rabbit pericardium. Biochim Biophys Acta 1989; 1014: 305–12., , .
- 10Suppression of intra-articular responses to interleukin-1 by transfer of the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist gene to synovium. Gene Ther 1994; 1: 64–9., , , , , , , , .
- 11How could infectious agents hide in synovial cells? Possible mechanisms of persistent viral infection in a model for the etiopathogenesis of chronic arthritis. Rheumatol Int 1994; 14: 71–5..
- 12Effect of growth factors on hyaluronan and proteoglycan synthesis by retroocular tissue fibroblasts of Graves' ophthalmopathy in culture. Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 1992; 126: 541–52., , , .
- 13Elongation factor Tu as a control gene for mRNA analysis of lung development and other differentiation and growth-regulated systems. Nucleic Acids Res 1993; 21: 4426–4426., , , .
- 14Quantitative microanalysis of equine synovial fluid glycosaminoglycan concentration. Am J Vet Res 1990; 51: 1534–9., , , .
- 15Insulin-like growth factors maintain steady-state metabolism of proteoglycans in bovine articular cartilage explants. Arch Biochem Biophys 1988; 267: 416–25., , , , .
- 16Efficient lipid-mediated gene transfer to articular chondrocytes. Gene Ther 2000; 7: 286–91., .
- 17Quantification of 35S-labeled proteoglycans complexed to alcian blue by rapid filtration in multiwell plates. Anal Biochem 1994; 217: 167–75., , .
- 18Biochemical and site-specific effects of insulin-like growth factor I on intrinsic tenocyte activity in equine flexor tendons. Am J Vet Res 1997; 58: 103–9., .
- 19Influence of exogenous growth factors on the synthesis and secretion of collagen types I and III by explants of normal and healing rabbit ligaments. Biochem Cell Biol 1994; 72: 403–9., , , .
- 20Direct synovial gene transfer with retroviral vectors in rat adjuvant arthritis. J Rheumatol 1998; 25: 1118–25., , , , , .
- 21Enhanced repair of extensive articular defects by insulin-like growth factor-I laden fibrin composites. J Orthop Res 1999; 17: 475–87., , , .
- 22Primary nucleotide structure of predominant and alternate splice forms of equine insulin-like growth factor-I and their gene expression patterns in tissues. Am J Vet Res 1999; 60: 1234–41., , .
- 23In situ hybridisation for decorin mRNA in rabbit synovium during antigen-induced arthritis. In: Birkhauser, editor. Joint destruction in arthritis and osteoarthritis. Basel: Verlag; 1993. p. 249–53., , , , , .
- 24Suppression of antigen-induced arthritis in rabbits by ex vivo gene therapy. J Immunol 1996; 156: 3558–62., , , , , .
- 25Estimation of extremely low amounts of single mRNAs by quantitative noncompetitive reverse transcription – polymerase chain reaction assay in biological specimens from normal and neoplastic cells. Anal Biochem 1995; 225: 362–6., , , , .
- 26In vivo suppression of early experimental osteoarthritis by interleukin-1 receptor antagonist using gene therapy. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1012–9., , , , , , , .
- 27Quantitative polymerase chain reaction assay for aggrecan and link protein gene expression in cartilage. Anal Biochem 1995; 225: 356–60., , , , , .
- 28Adenoviral-mediated gene transfer to rabbit synovium in vivo. J Clin Invest 1993; 92: 1085–92., , , , .
- 29Inhibition of interleukin-1-induced effects in synoviocytes transduced with the human IL-1 receptor antagonist cDNA using an adenoviral vector. Human Gene Ther 1995; 6: 307–16., , , , , .
- 30In situ expression of collagen and proteoglycan genes in notochord and during skeletal development and growth. Microsc Res Tech 1994; 28: 470–82..
- 31IGF-1 stimulates synthesis of undersulfated proteoglycans and of hyaluronic acid by peritubular cells from immature rat testis. Biochim Biophys Acta 1997; 1358: 127–41., , , , , , .
- 32Insulin-like growth factor 1 can decrease degradation and promote synthesis of proteoglycan in cartilage exposed to cytokines. Biochem J 1989; 260: 543–8..
- 33Interleukin-4 adenoviral gene therapy reduces production of inflammatory cytokines and prostaglandin E2 by rheumatoid arthritis synovium ex vivo. J Invest Med 1999; 47: 285–92., , , , , , , .