Delayed tendon reattachment does not reverse atrophy and fat accumulation of the supraspinatus — an experimental study in rabbits
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2002 Orthopaedic Research Society
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 357–363, March 2002
How to Cite
Matsumoto, F., Uhthoff, H. K., Trudel, G. and Loehr, J. F. (2002), Delayed tendon reattachment does not reverse atrophy and fat accumulation of the supraspinatus — an experimental study in rabbits. J. Orthop. Res., 20: 357–363. doi: 10.1016/S0736-0266(01)00093-6
- Issue online: 1 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 JUN 2001
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons and by personal funds
- 1Operative repair of massive rotator cuff tears. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1992; 1: 120–30., , , .
- 2Structure and function of the rabbit's supraspinatus muscle after resection of its tendon. Acta Orthop Scand 1989; 60: 461–3..
- 3Repair of the rotator cuff end-result study of factors influencing reconstruction. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 1986; 68: 1136–44., , .
- 4Function of the rabbit supraspinatus muscle after large detachment of its tendon. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2000; 9: 211–6., , , .
- 5Simple methods for the isolation and purification of total lipides animal tissues. J Biol Chem 1957; 226: 497–509., , .
- 6Fatty degeneration of the muscles of the rotator cuff: assessment by computed tomography versus magnetic resonance imaging. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1999; 8: 599–605., , , , .
- 7The results of repair of massive tears of the rotator cuff. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 2000; 82: 505–15., , .
- 8Experimental rotator cuff repair. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 1999; 81: 1281–90., , , .
- 9Assessment of the trophicity of the muscles of the ruptured rotator cuff by CT scan. In: PostM, MorreyBF, HawkinsRJ, editors. Surgery of the shoulder. St. Louis: Mosby Year Book; 1990. p. 11–2., , .
- 10Fatty muscle degeneration in cuff ruptures. Clin Orthop 1994; 304: 78–83., , , , .
- 11An analysis of rotator cuff repair. Am J Sports Med 1994; 22: 585–8., , , .
- 12Surgery for full-thickness rotator-cuff tears. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 1985; 67: 1349–55., , .
- 13Postoperative assessment of shoulder function: a prospective study of full-thickness rotator cuff tears. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1996; 5: 449–57., , , , .
- 14Shoulder strength with rotator cuff tears. Pre-and postoperative analysis. Clin Orthop 1993; 288: 174–8., , , , , .
- 15Shoulder function after surgical repair of rotator cuff tears. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1997; 6: 125–30., , .
- 16The influence of variations of muscle fiber composition on muscle strength and cross-sectional area in untrained males. J Physiol 1984; 351: 299–311., .
- 17Fatty degeneration in the supraspinatus muscle after rotator cuff tear. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1996; 5: 194–200., , , .
- 18Long-term functional outcome of repair of large and massive chronic tears of the rotator cuff. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 1999; 81: 991–7., , , .
- 19Strength after surgical repair of the rotator cuff. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1996; 5: 12–7., , , .
- 20Prediction of rotator cuff repair results by magnetic resonance imaging. Clin Orthop 1997; 344: 275–83., , , , .
- 21Early reactions after reimplantation of the supraspinatus tendon into bone. J Bone Joint Surg [Brit] 2000; 82: 1072–6., , , .
- 22Die quergestreifte Muskulatur. In: HenkeF, LubarschO, editors. Handbuch der speziellen pathologischen Anatomie und Histologie, vol. 9, Band 1: Teil: Knochen, Muskeln Sehnen, Sehnenscheiden, Schleimbeutel. Berlin: von Julius Springer; 1929. p. 299–507..
- 23Isokinetic strength of the shoulder after repair of a torn rotator cuff. J Bone Joint Surg [Am] 1987; 69: 1041–4., , , .