Development of the attachment zones in the rat anterior cruciate ligament: changes in the distributions of proliferating cells and fibrillar collagens during postnatal growth
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2002 Orthopaedic Research Society
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Volume 20, Issue 6, pages 1339–1344, November 2002
How to Cite
Nawata, K., Minamizaki, T., Yamashita, Y. and Teshima, R. (2002), Development of the attachment zones in the rat anterior cruciate ligament: changes in the distributions of proliferating cells and fibrillar collagens during postnatal growth. J. Orthop. Res., 20: 1339–1344. doi: 10.1016/S0736-0266(02)00048-7
- Issue online: 1 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2002
- Manuscript Received: 21 DEC 2001
- 1Tendons and ligaments: a morphological and biochemical comparison. J Orthop Res 1984; 1: 257–65., , , , .
- 2Collagen polymorphism in experimental granulation tissue. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1975; 66: 1160–5., , , .
- 3Presence of type III collagen in guineapig dermal scar. Biochem J 1976; 157: 263–6., .
- 4Changes in the distribution of fibrillar collagens in the collateral and cruciate ligaments of the rabbit knee joint during fetal and postnatal development. Histochem J 1996; 28: 325–34., .
- 5Ligamentous strength measurements in pre-pubescent and pubescent rats. Growth 1970; 34: 177–85., .
- 6Structurally distinct collagen types. Ann Rev Biochem 1980; 49: 957–1003., .
- 7Tendon and ligament insertion. J Bone Joint Surg 1970; 52A: 1–20., .
- 8Quantitative comparison of soft tissue-bone interface at chondral ligament insertions in the rabbit knee joint. J Anat 1996; 188: 367–73., .
- 9An immunohistochemical study of enthesis development in the medial collateral ligament of the rat knee joint. Anat Embryol 1996; 194: 399–406., , , .
- 10Use of avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex (ABC) in immunoperoxidase techniques: a comparison between ABC and unlabelled antibody (PAP) procedures. J Histochem Cytochem 1981; 29: 577–80., , .
- 11Soft tissue-bone interface: how do attachments of muscles, tendons, and ligaments change during growth? A light microscopic study. J Morphol 1986; 189: 313–25..
- 12The ovariectomized rat model of postmenopausal bone loss. Bone Miner 1991; 15: 175–92..
- 13The aged rat model of ovarian hormone deficiency bone loss. Endocrinology 1989; 124: 7–16., , , .
- 14Fixation, decalcification, tissue processing effects on articular cartilage proteoglycans. Histochemistry 1984; 80: 569–73., , , , .
- 15The developmental morphology of a periosteal ligament insertion: growth and maturation of the tibial insertion of the rabbit medial collateral ligament. J Orthop Res 1990; 8: 412–24., , , .
- 16Postnatal development of the cruciate ligament insertions in the rat knee. Acta Anat 1997; 160: 261–8..
- 17Development of functionally distinct fibrocartilages at two sites in the quadriceps tendon of the rat: the suprapatella and the attachment to the patella. Anat Embryol 1992; 185: 181–7., , .
- 18Chemical basis for the histological use of safranin O in the study of articular cartilage. J Bone Joint Surg 1971; 53A: 69–82..
- 19Immunohistochemical demonstration of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) in formalinfixed, paraffin-embedded sections from rat and human tissues. Acta Histochem Cytochem 1992; 25: 13–21., , .
- 20Influence of age and sex on the strength of bone-ligament junctions in knee joints of rats. J Bone Joint Surg 1978; 60A: 230–4., , .
- 21Synthesis of type III collagen by embryonic chick skin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1974; 58: 58–65., .
- 22Maturationrerated biochemical changes in swine anterior cruciate and tibialis posterior tendon. J Orthop Res 1994; 12: 672–82., , , .
- 23The postnatal development of the insertions of the medial collateral ligament in the rat knee. Anat Embryol 1996; 193: 53–9., .
- 24The distribution of types I and III collagen and fibronectin in the healing equine tendon. Connect Tissue Res 1984; 12: 211–27., , .
- 25Ligament, tendon, and joint capsule insertion to bone. In: WooSL-Y, BucckwalterJA, editors. Injury and repair of the musculoskeletal soft tissue. IL: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons; 1988. p. 133–66., , , , , , et al.