Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, The Rehabilitation Centre, 505 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ont., Canada K1M 8M2.
Early reattachment does not reverse atrophy and fat accumulation of the supraspinatus—an experimental study in rabbits
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2003 Orthopaedic Research Society
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 386–392, May 2003
How to Cite
Uhthoff, H. K., Matsumoto, F., Trudel, G. and Himori, K. (2003), Early reattachment does not reverse atrophy and fat accumulation of the supraspinatus—an experimental study in rabbits. J. Orthop. Res., 21: 386–392. doi: 10.1016/S0736-0266(02)00208-5
- Issue online: 1 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 OCT 2002
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2002
- American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
- 1Ten-year assessment of primary rotator cuff repairs. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1993; 2: 57–63., .
- 2Operative repair of massive rotator cuff rears: long term results. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1992; 1: 120–30., , , .
- 3Rotator cuff disease of the shoulder. J Bone Joint Surg 1985; 67A: 974–9..
- 4Alternations during immobilization and regeneration of skeletal muscle in cats. J Bone Joint Surg 1986; 54A: 919–52..
- 5Repair of the rotator cuff. End-result study of factors influencing reconstruction. J Bone Joint Surg 1986; 68A: 1136–44., , .
- 6Stanley GHSL a simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipides from animal tissues. J Biol Chem 1957; 226: 497–509., .
- 7Fatty degeneration of the muscles of the rotator cuff: assessment by computed tomography versus magnetic resonance imaging. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1999; 8: 599–605., , , , .
- 8The results of repair of massive tears of the rotator cuff. J Bone Joint Surg 2000; 82A: 505–15., , .
- 9Experimental rotator cuff repair. J Bone Joint Surg 1999; 81A: 1281–90., , , .
- 10Assessment of the trophicity of the muscles of the ruptured rotator cuff by CT scan. In: PostM, MorreyBF, HawkinsRJ, editors. Surgery of the Shoulder. St. Louis: Mosby Year Book; 1990. p. 11–3., , .
- 11Fatty muscle degeneration in cuff ruptures. Clin Orthop 1994; 304: 78–83., , , , .
- 12La dégénérescence graisseuse des muscles des coiffes tendineuses rompues de l'épaule. Rev Rhum 1995; 62: 439–46., , , , .
- 13An analysis of rotator cuff repair. Am J Sports Med 1994; 22(5): 585–8., , , .
- 14Surgery for full-thickness rotator-cuff tears. J Bone Joint Surg 1985; 67A(9): 1349–55., , .
- 15Postoperative assessment of shoulder function: a prospective study of full-thickness rotator cuff tears. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1996; 5(6): 449–57., , , , .
- 16Shoulder function after surgical repair of rotator cuff tears. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 1997; 6(2): 125–30., , .
- 17Rotator cuff. In: RockwoodCA, MatsenFA, editors. The Shoulder. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: WB Saunders; 1998. p. 814 [chapter 15]., , .
- 18Delayed tendon reattachment does not reverse atrophy and fat accumulation of the supraspinatus. J Orthop Res 2002; 20: 357–63., , , .
- 19Rapid atrophy of mouse soleus muscle after tenotomy depends on an intact innervation. Neurosci Lett 1981; 25: 269–74..
- 20Prediction of rotator cuff repair results by magnetic resonance imaging. Clin Orthop 1997; 344: 275–83., , , , .
- 21Early reactions after reimplantation of the supraspinatus tendon into bone. J Bone Joint Surg 2000; 82B: 1072–6., , , .