Bone induction by BMP-2 transduced stem cells derived from human fat
Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2003 Orthopaedic Research Society
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Volume 21, Issue 4, pages 622–629, July 2003
How to Cite
Dragoo, J. L., Choi, J. Y., Lieberman, J. R., Huang, J., Zuk, P. A., Zhang, J., Hedrick, M. H. and Benhaim, P. (2003), Bone induction by BMP-2 transduced stem cells derived from human fat. J. Orthop. Res., 21: 622–629. doi: 10.1016/S0736-0266(02)00238-3
- Issue online: 1 JAN 2006
- Version of Record online: 1 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Received: 8 JUL 2002
- 1Development expression of bone sialoprotein mRNA in rat mineralized connective tissues. J Bone Miner Res 1992; 7: 987–97., , .
- 2Further characterization of interaction between bone sialoprotein and collagen. Calcif Tissue Int 1995; 56: 140–4., , .
- 3Determination of the hydroxyapatite-nucleating region of bone sialoprotein. Connect Tissue Res 1996; 35: 385–92., , , .
- 4The effect of regional gene therapy using bone morphogenetic protein-2-producing bone-marrow cells on the repair of segmental femoral defects in rats. J Bone Joint Surg A 1999; 81(7): 905–17., , , , , , et al.
- 5Regional gene therapy with a BMP-2 producing murine stromal cell line induces heterotopic and orthotopic bone formation in rodents. J Orthop Res 1998; 16(3): 330–9., , , , , , et al.
- 6Assessment of bone turnover with biochemical markers. J Int Med 1989; 255: 219–20., .
- 7Cellular expression of bone-related proteins during in vitro osteogenesis in rat bone marrow stromal cell cultures. J Cell Physiol 1994; 158: 555–72., , , .
- 8Immunohistochemical demonstration of 44-Kd phophoprotein in developing rat bones. J Histochem Cytochem 1987; 35: 707–15., , , , , .
- 9Posterolateral intertransverse process spinal arthrodesis with rh-BMP-2 in a nonhuman primate. J Spinal Disord 1999; 12(3): 179–86., , , .
- 10Progressive development of the rat osteoblast phenotype in-vitro: reciprocal relationships in the expression of genes associated with osteoblast proliferation and differentiation during formation of the bone extracellular matrix. J Cell Physiol 1990; 143: 420–30., , , , , , et al.
- 12Multipotential potential of adult human mesenchymal stem cells. Science 1999; 284(5411): 143–7., , , , , , et al.
- 13Demonstration of phosphates in calcium deposits: a modification of von Kossa's reaction. Histochemistry 1978; 56(3–4): 177–85., .
- 14Dependence of mesenchymal cell responses on duration of exposure to bone morphogenetic protein-2 in-vitro. J Cell Physiol 1997; 173: 93–101..
- 15Induction of rapid osteoblast differentiation in rat bone marrow stromal cell cultures by dexamethasone and BMP-2. Dev Biol 1994; 161: 218–28., , , , .
- 16Bone morphogenetic protein-2: biology and applications. Clin Orthop 1996; 324: 39–46., , , , .
- 17Expression of the osteoblast phenotype. Bone Miner Res 1984; 2: 244., .
- 18The glucocorticoid receptor binds to a sequence overlapping the TATA box of the human osteocalcin promoter: a potential mechanism for negative regulation. Mol Cell Biol 1991; 11: 3379–83., , , .
- 19Osteonectin, a bone-specific protein linking mineral to collagen. Cell 1981; 26: 99–105., , , , , .
- 20Comparison of polyclonal and monoclonal antibody-based immunoassays for osteocalcin: a study of sources of variation in assay results. J Bone Miner Res 1990; 5: 451–61., , , .
- 21Bone: formation by autoinduction. Science 1965; 150: 893–9..
- 22Bone morphogenetic protein-2 causes commitment and differentiation in C3H10T1/2 and 3T3 cells. Growth Fact 1993; 9: 57–71., , , .
- 23Temporal changes in matrix protein synthesis and mRNA expression during mineralized tissue formation by adult rat bone marrow cells in culture. J Bone Miner Res 1994; 9: 231–40., , .
- 24Multi-lineage cells from human adipose tissue: implications for cell-based therapies. Tissue Eng 2001; 7(2): 211–28., .
- 25Human adipose tissue is a source of multipotent stem cells. Mol Cell Biol, in press., , , , , , et al.