Evaluation of Ad-BMP-2 for enhancing fracture healing in an infected defect fracture rabbit model
Article first published online: 1 JAN 2006
Copyright © 2003 Orthopaedic Research Society
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Volume 22, Issue 1, pages 66–72, January 2004
How to Cite
Southwood, L. L., Frisbie, D. D., Kawcak, C. E., Ghivizzani, S. C., Evans, C. H. and McIlwraith, C. W. (2004), Evaluation of Ad-BMP-2 for enhancing fracture healing in an infected defect fracture rabbit model. J. Orthop. Res., 22: 66–72. doi: 10.1016/S0736-0266(03)00129-3
- Issue published online: 1 JAN 2006
- Article first published online: 1 JAN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Received: 24 JAN 2003
- 1Potential role of direct adenoviral gene transfer in enhancing fracture repair. Clin Orthop Rel Res 2000; 379S: S120–5., , , , et al.
- 2A gene therapy approach to accelerating bone healing. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 1999; 7: 197–202., , , et al.
- 3Genetic enhancement of fracture repair: evaluation of Ad-BMP-2 in a lapine femoral defect model. Gene Ther 2000; 7: 734–9., , , et al.
- 4Bone morphogenetic protein-2 increases the rate of callus formation after fracture of the rabbit tibia. Calcif Tissue Int 1999; 65: 83–9., , .
- 5Osteogenic activity of OP-1, bone morphogenetic protein-7 (BMP-7), in a human fibular defect model. Proc 45th Ann Mtg Orthop Res Soc 1999, p. 62., , .
- 6Osteogenic protein-1 induced bone formation in an infected segmental defect in the rat femur. J Orthop Res 2002; 20: 142–50., , .
- 7Ann Mtg Orthop Res Soc 2002, 0021., , , et al. Bone induction of genetically manipulated stem cells derived from human fat. Proc 48th
- 8Potential role for direct gene transfer in the enhancement of fracture healing. Clin Orthop Rel Res 1998; 355S: S154–62., .
- 9Bone morphogenetic protein but not transforming growth factor-beta enhances bone formation in canine diaphyseal nonunions implanted with a biodegradable composite polymer. J Bone Joint Surg 1999; 81A: 1717–29., , , et al.
- 10Gene therapy for diseases of bones and joints. In: Jain, editor. Textbook of gene therapy. Seattle: Hogrefe & Huber Publishers; 1998. p. 281–4..
- 11Patterns of gene expression associated with BMP-2-induced osteoblast and adipocyte differentiation of mesenchymal progenitor cell 3T3-F442A. J Bone Miner Metab 2000; 18: 132–9., , , et al.
- 12One-stage lengthening of femoral nonunion augmented with human bone morphogenetic protein. Clin Orthop Rel Res 1998; 347: 105–16., .
- 13Stimulatory effect of bone morphogenetic protein-2 on osteoclast-like cell formation and bone-resorbing activity. J Bone Miner Res 1995; 10: 1681–90., , , et al.
- 14Regional gene therapy with a BMP-2 producing murine stromal cell line induces heterotopic and orthotopic bone formation in rodents. J Orthop Res 1998; 16: 330–9., , , et al.
- 15Adenovirus-mediated gene therapy of osteoblasts in vitro and in vivo. J Bone Miner Res 1999; 14: 1290–301., , , et al.
- 16Genes and gene expression. Clin Orthop Rel Res 2000; 379S: S9–16..
- 17Am J Vet Res, submitted for publication., , , . Development and evaluation of an infected non-union model in rabbits.
- 18Expression of adenovirally delivered gene products in healing osseus tissues. Ann Plast Surg 2000; 44: 522–8., , , et al.
- 19Bone morphogenetic protein, bone regeneration, heterotopic ossification and the bone–bone marrow consortium. In: PeckWA, editor. Bone and mineral research annual no. 6, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1989. p. 57–112..
- 20Bone morphogenetic protein-2 causes commitment and differentiation in C3H10T1/2 and 3T3 cells. Growth Factors 1993; 9: 57–71., , , .
- 21The healing of segmental bone defects induced by recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein (rhBMP-2). J Bone Joint Surg 1992; 74A: 659–70., , , et al.
- 22Osteogenic protein-1 increases gene expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in primary cultures of fetal rat calvaria cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol 1999; 153: 113–24., .
- 23BMP-2 and sonic hedgehog have contrary effects on adipocyte-like differentiation of C3H10T1/2 cells. DNA Cell Biol 2000; 19: 275–81., , .