The Circle of Safety is applicable to all clinical professions. Examples in this article are those from the profession of midwifery.
The Circle of Safety: A Tool for Clinical Preceptors
Article first published online: 26 JAN 2011
2000 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health
Volume 45, Issue 5, pages 408–410, September-October 2000
How to Cite
Hunter, L. P. and Burst, H. V. (2000), The Circle of Safety: A Tool for Clinical Preceptors. Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health, 45: 408–410. doi: 10.1016/S1526-9523(00)00052-0
†This teaching method was developed nearly 30 years ago by the author in conjunction with the initial application of mastery learning principles to a nurse-midwifery curriculum (1).
- Issue published online: 26 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 26 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.