Maureen Corry, Executive Director of the Maternity Center Association, and Carol Sakala, Director of Programs, lead Maternity Wise, the Maternity Center Association's long-term program to promote evidence-based maternity care in the United States. Both authors served on the Midwifery and Evidence-Based Practice Task Force, which was convened by the American College of Nurse-Midwives. The guidelines in this commentary are adapted from the 2000 edition of the Maternity Center Association publication Your Guide to Safe and Effective Care During Labor and Birth.
WHAT IS EVIDENCE-BASED HEALTH CARE?
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
2001 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 127–128, May-June 2001
How to Cite
Sakala, C. and Corry, M. P. (2001), WHAT IS EVIDENCE-BASED HEALTH CARE?. Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health, 46: 127–128. doi: 10.1016/S1526-9523(01)00127-1
- Issue published online: 24 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.