Daniel Chandler received a PhD in sociology from the University of California, Berkeley. He has worked as a mental health consultant to the California Legislature and as Chief of Planning and Evaluation for the Sacramento County public mental health program. Since 1987, he has been an independent health policy analyst and consultant.
LATE ENTRY INTO PRENATAL CARE IN A RURAL SETTING
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
2002 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health
Volume 47, Issue 1, pages 28–34, January-February 2002
How to Cite
Chandler, D. (2002), LATE ENTRY INTO PRENATAL CARE IN A RURAL SETTING. Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health, 47: 28–34. doi: 10.1016/S1526-9523(01)00214-8
The study was performed under contract with the Humboldt County Public Health Department using funds provided by the California State Department of Health Services, Maternal Child Health Branch, allocation #199912. The author gratefully acknowledges the assistance and support of Rebecca Stauffer, MD, Ninon McCullough, RN, PHN, of the Public Health Department and the assistance of research assistants Jeanne Kirk and Sally Stablein. Sociology graduate students Christina Begley, Tracie Carrasco, Farnad Darnell, Laura Estetter, Carlin Finke, Diane Goldsmith, John Haskell, Karla Lusby, Marika Myrick, Dan Sarabia, Marcia Sterling, and Paula Yoon did much developmental work in formulating the design and collecting data. Shawna Thorsen, RN; Annie Howell, RN; Michelle Van Ooy, MD; Ruth Howell, RN; Betty Braver, CNM; Cynthia Ihle, RN; Kate Maguire; Holly Baker; Emily Arents, CNM; Carol Meyer, CNM; and Mary Ann Shah, CNM, suggested strategies for public health intervention.
- Issue published online: 24 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!