Mary Ann Shah, CNM, MS, FACNM, is the Immediate Past President of the American College of Nurse-Midwives. She served as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Nurse-Midwifery/Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health from 1975 to 2000 and, upon her retirement from that position, the title of Editor Emeritus was conferred upon her.
The Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health 1955–2005: Its Historic Milestones and Evolutionary Changes
Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
2005 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 159–168, March-April 2005
How to Cite
Shah, M. A. (2005), The Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health 1955–2005: Its Historic Milestones and Evolutionary Changes. Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health, 50: 159–168. doi: 10.1016/j.jmwh.2004.11.001
There is a discrepancy between the Bulletin of the American College of Nurse-Midwifery, Vol. 1, No. 1, December 1955, which records 17 attendees at the first annual meeting in Kansas City in November 1955, and the official minutes of the first session of the meeting, which record 16 attendees. It is not possible to verify the accuracy of one record over the other.
- Issue online: 24 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.