The Problem of Normal Birth
Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
2010 American College of Nurse Midwives
Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health
Volume 55, Issue 3, pages 199–201, May-June 2010
How to Cite
Kennedy, H. P. (2010), The Problem of Normal Birth. Journal of Midwifery & Womens Health, 55: 199–201. doi: 10.1016/j.jmwh.2010.02.008
- Issue online: 24 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
- 1Oxford English Dictionary Web site. Normal. Available from: http:dictionary.oed.comcgientry00327034single1&query_typeword&querywordnormal&first1&max_to_show10 [Accessed January 10, 2010].
- 2All Party Parliamentary Group on Maternity Web site. Making normal birth a reality. Consensus statement from the Maternity Care Working Party. Available from: http:appg-maternity.org.ukresourcesNormalBirthConsensusStatementNEWLOGO.pdf [Accessed October 15, 2009].
- 3Divided loyalties: The problem of ‘normality’. Br J Midwifery 1996;4:285–6.
- 5Normal childbirth: Evidence and debate. Oxford: Churchill Livingstone, 2004.
- 15American College of Nurse-Midwives. Position Statement: Nitrous Oxide for Labor Analgesia. Silver Spring, MD: American College of Nurse-Midwives; 2009.
- 16NHS Maternity Statistics, 2008–09. Publication date. December 11, 2009. Available from: http:www.ic.nhs.ukstatistics-and-data-collectionshospital-carematernitynhs-maternity-statistics-2008-09 [Accessed April 2, 2010].
- 19American College of Nurse-Midwives Web site. Philosophy of the American College of Nurse Midwives. Available from: http:www.acnm.orgphilosophy.cfm [Accessed February 7, 2010].
- 21National Institutes of Health Consensus Development Conference Statement. NIH Consensus Development Conference: Vaginal Birth After Cesarean: New Insights March 8–10, 2010. Available from: http:consensus.nih.gov2010imagesvbacvbac_statement.pdf [Accessed April 2, 2010].
- 22National Institute for Health Research Web site. Normal Labour & Birth 2009: 4th research conference. University of Central Lancashire School of Public Health and Clinical Sciences in collaboration with the American College of Nurse-Midwives, Canadian Midwives Association and the Midwives Alliance of North America. Available from: http:www.nihr.ac.ukeventsPagesdefault.aspx [Accessed March 29, 2010].
- 23The University of British Columbia Web site. Normal Labour & Birth 2010: Benefits & challenges of preserving physiologic birth. Fifth International Normal Birth Research Conference. Available from: http:www.midwifery.ubc.camidwiferyresearchnormalbirth.htmPageModeHTML [Accessed January 10, 2010].