An attachment perspective on psychopathology
Article first published online: 12 MAR 2013
2012 World Psychiatric Association
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 11–15, February 2012
How to Cite
MIKULINCER, M. and SHAVER, P. R. (2012), An attachment perspective on psychopathology. World Psychiatry, 11: 11–15. doi: 10.1016/j.wpsyc.2012.01.003
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 12 MAR 2013
- 1Attachment and loss, Vol. 2. Separation: anxiety and anger. New York: Basic Books, 1973..
- 2Attachment and loss, Vol. 1. Attachment (2nd ed.). New York: Basic Books, 1982..
- 3A secure base: clinical applications of attachment theory. London: Routledge, 1988..
- 4Attachment in adulthood: structure, dynamics, and change. New York: Guilford, 2007., .
- 6Self-report measurement of adult romantic attachment: an integrative overview. In: Simpson JA, Rholes WS (eds). Attachment theory and close relationships. New York: Guilford, 1998: 46–76., , .
- 7Avoidance and its relationship with other defensive processes. In: Belsky J, Nezworski T (eds). Clinical implications of attachment. Hillsdale: Erlbaum, 1988: 300–23., .
- 8Patterns of attachment: assessed in the Strange Situation and at home. Hillsdale: Erlbaum, 1978., , et al.
- 10Social-cognitive conceptualization of attachment working models: availability and accessibility effects. J Pers Soc Psychol 1996; 71: 94–109., , et al.
- 11Boosting attachment security to promote mental health, prosocial values, and inter-group tolerance. Psychol Inq 2007; 18: 139–56., .
- 12Adult attachment, dependence, self-criticism, and depressive symptoms: a test of a mediational model. J Pers 2010; 78: 1135–62., .
- 14Adult attachment insecurities are related to obsessive compulsive phenomena. J Soc Clin Psychol 2009; 28: 1022–49., , et al.
- 19An attachment model of personality disorders. In: Lenzenweger MF, Clarkin JF (eds). Major theories of personality disorder. New York: Guilford, 2005: 231–81., .
- 20Classifying personality disorders: ideal types, prototypes, or dimensions? J Pers Disord 1991; 5: 52–9..
- 28Attachment bases of emotion regulation and posttraumatic adjustment. In: Snyder DK, Simpson JA, Hughes JN (eds). Emotion regulation in families: pathways to dysfunction and health. Washington: American Psychological Association, 2006: 77–99., , .
- 29Attachment security and eating disorders. Doctoral dissertation, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel, 2006..
- 30The therapeutic relationship in the brief treatment of depression: contributions to clinical improvement and enhanced adaptive capacities. J Consult Clin Psychol 2006; 74: 199–206., .
- 31Changes in adjustment and attachment-related representations among high-risk adolescents during residential treatment: the transformational impact of the functioning of caregiving figures as a secure base. Doctoral dissertation, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel, 2006..
- 41Toward a neuroscience of attachment. In: Cassidy J, Shaver PR (eds). Handbook of attachment: theory, research, and clinical applications (2nd ed.). New York: Guilford, 2008: 241–68..