Lessons learned in developing community mental health care in North America
Version of Record online: 12 MAR 2013
2012 World Psychiatric Association
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 47–51, February 2012
How to Cite
DRAKE, R. E. and LATIMER, E. (2012), Lessons learned in developing community mental health care in North America. World Psychiatry, 11: 47–51. doi: 10.1016/j.wpsyc.2012.01.007
- Issue online: 12 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 MAR 2013
- 1Lessons learned in developing community mental health care in Africa. World Psychiatry 2010; 9: 185–9., , .
- 2Lessons learned in developing community mental health care in Europe. World Psychiatry 2011; 10: 217–25., , et al.
- 4Report on the implementation of the WPA Action Plan 2008–2011. World Psychiatry 2011; 10: 161–4..
- 5WPA guidance on steps, obstacles and mistakes to avoid in the implementation of community mental health care. World Psychiatry 2010; 9: 67–77., , et al.
- 6Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. National health care expenditures data. Baltimore: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, 2010.
- 10The principles and practice of psychiatric rehabilitation. New York: Guilford, 2008., , et al.
- 11New Freedom Commission on Mental Health. Achieving the promise: transforming mental health care in America. Rockville: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2003.
- 12U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Mental health: a report of the Surgeon General. Rockville: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1999.
- 20National Alliance on Mental Illness. Grading the States: a report on America's health care system for serious mental illness. Arlington: National Alliance on Mental Illness, 2006.
- 22Recovery: the lived experience of rehabilitation. Psychosoc Rehab J 1988; 11: 11–9..
- 27The cost of mental health and substance abuse in Canada. Alberta: Institute of Health Economics, 2010., , et al.
- 28Standing Senate Committee on Social Affairs. Out of the shadows at last: transforming mental health, mental illness and addiction services in Canada. Ottawa: Government of Canada, 2006.
- 31The costs of homelessness: a perspective from the United States. Eur J Homelessness 2008; 2: 97–114..
- 35Implementation research: a synthesis of the literature. Tampa: University of South Florida, 2005., , et al.