Currents induced in the human body by ELF electric fields inside houses located under power lines
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
Copyright 1999 by the American Geophysical Union.
Volume 34, Issue 4, pages 1013–1024, July-August 1999
How to Cite
1999), Currents induced in the human body by ELF electric fields inside houses located under power lines, Radio Sci., 34(4), 1013–1024, doi:10.1029/1998RS900025., , and (
- Issue published online: 7 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 NOV 1998
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUN 1997
- 60 Hz EMF health effects—A scientific uncertainty, IEEE Eng. Biol. Mag., 144, 390–394, 1995. ,
- Quantification of interaction between ELF-LF electric fields and human bodies, IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., BME-33, 746–756, 1986. , , ,
- Application of finite element method to analysis of induced current densities inside human model exposed to 60 Hz electric field, IEEE Trans. Power Appar. Syst., PAS-103, 1895–1902, 1984. , , ,
- Currents induced in the human body by high voltage transmission line electric field—Measurement and calculation of distribution and dose, IEEE Trans. Power Appar. Syst., PAS-96, 1517–1527, 1977. ,
- The Electrical Engineering Handbook, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla., 1993. ,
- , Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), Transmission Line Reference Book: 345 kV and Above2nd ed., 329–419, Palo Alto, Calif., 1982.
- Field Computation by Moment Methods, 27, Macmillan, New York, 1968. ,
- , IEEE United States Activities Board, Entity position statement: Biological effects of power frequency electric and magnetic fields, Washington, D. C., 1989.
- , International Radiation Protection Association/International Non-Ionizing Radiation Committee (IRPA/INIRC), Interim guidelines on limits of exposure to 50/60 Hz electric and magnetic fields, Health Phys., 58, 113–122, 1990.
- Reference Data for Engineers: Radio, Electronics, Computer, and Communications7th ed., Howard W. Sams, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1985. ,
- Body currents in live line working, IEEE Trans. Power Appar. Syst., PAS-85, 403–411, 1966. , , , , , ,
- Current densities measured in human models exposed to 60 Hz electric fields, Bioelectromagnetics, 6, 13–32, 1985. , ,
- Numerical calculation and measurement of 60 Hz current densities induced in an upright grounded cylinder, Bioelectromagnetics, 6, 209–220, 1985. , ,
- Short-circuit currents, surface electric fields, and axial current densities for guinea pigs exposed to ELF electric fields, Bioelectromagnetics, 5, 361–364, 1984. , ,
- Comparison of the coupling of grounded humans, swine and rats to vertical, 60 Hz electric fields, Bioelectromagnetics, 1, 117–129, 1980. , ,
- Cellular studies and interaction mechanisms of extremely low frequency fields, Radio Sci., 30, 179–203, 1995. ,
- Steady state and shock currents induced by ELF electric fields in a human body and a nearby vehicle, IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., EMC-32, 59–65, 1990. , , ,
- , National Research Council, Possible Health Effects of Exposure to Residential Electric and Magnetic Fields, Natl. Acad. Press, Washington, D. C., 1997.
- Residence near high voltage facilities and risk of cancer in children, Bioelectromagnetics, 307, 895–899, 1993. , , ,
- Biological effects of low-level low-frequency electric and magnetic fields, IEEE Trans. Educ., E-34, 243–249, 1991. ,
- ELF electric field coupling to dielectric spheroidal models of biological objects, IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., BME-28, 429–437, 1981. , ,
- ELF coupling to spherical models of man and animals, IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., BME-23, 387–391, 1976. ,
- High-voltage electric field coupling to humans using moment method techniques, IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., BME-24, 466–472, 1977. ,
- Numerical determination of induced currents in humans and baboons exposed to 60 Hz electric fields, IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., EMC-23, 382–390, 1981. ,
- Dielectric Materials and Applications, John Wiley, New York, 1954. ,