Plasma theory of solar radar echoes
Article first published online: 13 MAY 2003
Copyright 2003 by the American Geophysical Union.
Volume 38, Issue 3, June 2003
How to Cite
2003), Plasma theory of solar radar echoes, Radio Sci., 38, 1036, doi:10.1029/2000RS002454, 3.(
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2003
- Article first published online: 13 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 17 MAY 2002
- Manuscript Received: 14 MAY 2000
- Cited By
- radar experiments;
- Type III electrons;
- ion-sound turbulance
 Radar scattering by the ion-sound turbulence accompanied by Type III Langmuir turbulence is considered. It is shown that such scattering explains reflections from heights >1.6R0 observed by James [1966, 1970].