Combining remote sensing and ground census data to develop new maps of the distribution of rice agriculture in China
Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2002
Copyright 2002 by the American Geophysical Union.
Global Biogeochemical Cycles
Volume 16, Issue 4, pages 38-1–38-10, December 2002
How to Cite
Combining remote sensing and ground census data to develop new maps of the distribution of rice agriculture in China, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 16(4), 1091, doi:10.1029/2001GB001425, 2002., , , , , , , and ,
- Issue online: 19 NOV 2002
- Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 APR 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 18 DEC 2001
- Manuscript Received: 12 APR 2001
- The IGBP-DIS global 1-km land-cover data set DISCover: A project overview, Photogram. Eng. Remote Sens., 65, 1013–1020, 1999. , , and ,
- Agricultural Statistics of the People's Republic of China, 1949–1990, Stat. Bull. 844, U.S. Dep. Of Agric., Econ. Res. Serv., Washington, D.C., 1992. , , and ,
- Underreporting of China's cultivated land area: Implications for world agricultural trade, in China International Agricultural and Trade Report, Sit. Outlook Ser. RS-93-4, pp. 33 –39, U.S. Dep. of Agriculture, Washington, D. C., 1993. ,
- Influence of organic matter incorporation on the methane emission from a wetland rice field, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 9, 11–22, 1995. , and ,
- Editorial Committee, Hubei Province Agricultural Statistical Yearbook – 1991(in Chinese), Agric. Publ. House, Min. of Agric., Beijing, 1991.
- Agricultural land-use in China: A comparison of area estimates from ground-based census and satellite-borne remote sensing, Global Ecol. Biogeogr. Lett., 8, 401–416, 1999. , , , , and ,
- Image processing for maize yield estimation by remote sensing (in Chinese), in Remote Sensing Technique for Wheat, Maize, and Rice Yield Estimation, edited by B. S. Chen, pp. 8–15, China Sci. and Technol., Beijing, 1993. , , , and ,
- Estimating global land use change over the past 300 years: The HYDE Database, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 15, 417–433, 2001. ,
- Land use and soil carbon in different agroecological zones, in Soil Management and the Greenhouse Effect, edited by R. Lal et al., pp. 9–24, CRC, Boca Raton, Fla., 1995. ,
- Crop rotation and tillage effects on soil organic carbon and nitrogen, Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 54, 448–452, 1990. , , , , and ,
- Linking remote-sensing estimates of land cover and census statistics on land use to produce maps of land use of the conterminous United States, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 15, 673–685, 2001. , , , and ,
- Land use and management effects of emissions of radiatively active gases from two soils in Ohio, in Soil Management and the Greenhouse Effect, edited by R. Lal et al., pp. 41–60, CRC, Boca Raton, Fla., 1995. , , and ,
- Modeling carbon biogeochemistry in agricultural soils, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 8, 237–254, 1994. , , and ,
- Comparing a national inventory of N2O emissions from arable lands in China developed with a process-based agro-ecosystem model to the IPCC methodology, Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosys., 60, 159–175, 2001. , , , , , , , , , and ,
- Modeling soil organic carbon change in croplands of China, Ecol. Appl., in press, 2002. , , , , , , , and ,
- Liu, J., (Ed.), Macro-Scale Survey and Dynamic Study of Natural Resources and Environment of China by Remote Sensing (in Chinese), 353 pp., Press of Sci. and Technol., Beijing, 1996.
- Research on scaling effect based on 1 km grid cell data (in Chinese), J. Remote Sens., 5(3), 183–190, 2001. , , , and ,
- Seasonal land-cover regions of the United States, Ann. Assoc. Am. Geogr., 85, 339–355, 1995. , , , , , , and ,
- Other trace gases and atmospheric chemistry, in Climate Change 1994, edited by J. T. Houghton et al., pp. 77–126, Cambridge Univ. Press, New York, 1995. , , , , , and ,
- Characterizing patterns of global land-use: An analysis of global croplands data, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 12, 667–685, 1998. , and ,
- Long-term tillage and nitrogen fertilization effects on organic nitrogen and carbon in a semiarid soil, Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 52, 1114–1117, 1988. , and ,
- Methane emission from rice fields as influenced by solar radiation, temperature, and straw incorporation, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 5, 335–350, 1991. , , , and ,
- Landsat reveals China's farmland reserves, but they are vanishing fast, Nature, 406, 121, 2000. , , and ,
- China's agricultural land, China Q., 158, 414–429, 1999. ,
- State Statistical Bureau, Statistical Yearbook of China 1994, 795 pp., China Stat. Publ. House, Beijing, 1994.
- Studies on geo-spatial data fusion and its applications, Ph.D. dissertation, Institute of Remote Sensing Applications (in Chinese), 139 pp., Chin. Acad. of Sci., Beijing, 2000. ,
- Spatial and temporal dynamics of methane emissions from agricultural sources in China, Global Change Biol., 7, 31–47, 2001. , and ,
- Human alteration of the global nitrogen cycle: Sources and consequences, Ecol. Appl., 7, 737–750, 1997. , , , , , , , and ,
- Characterization of methane emissions from rice fields in Asia, III, Mitigation options and future research needs, Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 58, 23–36, 2000. , , , , , and ,
- Wu, C., (Editor in Chief), Land-Use Map of China (1:1,000,000 scale), Science Press, Beijing (In Chinese), 1990.
- Xi, C., (Ed.), Soil of China (in Chinese), Agric. Press, Beijing, 1998.
- Observations of flooding and rice transplanting of paddy rice fields at the site to landscape scales in China using VEGETATION sensor data, Int. J. Remote Sens., 23, 3009–3022, 2002a. , , , , , , , and ,
- Uncertainties in estimates of cropland area in China: A comparison between an AVHRR-derived dataset and a Landsat TM-derived dataset, submitted to Global and Planetary Change, in press, 2002b. , , , , , , , , , and ,
- Actual changes of cultivated area since the founding of the new China (in Chinese), Resour. Sci., 22(2), 8–12, 2000. , and ,
- Area summarization in establishing the national resources and environmental database (in Chinese), J. Remote Sens., 4, 304–310, 2000. , , and ,
- Spatial distribution of trace-gas emissions from burning crop residue in China, in Biomass Burning and Global Change, vol. 2, edited by J. S. Levine, pp. 764–770, MIT Press, New York, 1996. , , , and ,