Global ocean warming tied to anthropogenic forcing
Article first published online: 12 JUN 2002
Copyright 2002 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 29, Issue 11, pages 20-1–20-4, June 2002
How to Cite
Global ocean warming tied to anthropogenic forcing, Geophys. Res. Lett., 29(11), doi:10.1029/2001GL013954, 2002., , and ,
- Issue published online: 12 JUN 2002
- Article first published online: 12 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 DEC 2001
- Manuscript Received: 22 AUG 2001
- Quantifying anthropogenic influence on recent near-surface temperature change, submitted to, Rev. Geophys, 2001. , , , , , , , , , , , and ,
- World Ocean Atlas 1998, Vol. 1–3, NOAA Atlas NESDIS 27-29, U.S. Gov. Printing Office, Washington D.C., 166 pp., 1998. [yearly and pentadal anomalies available from http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/OC5/]. , , , , , and ,
- Detection and attribution of recent climate change: A status report, Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc., 80, 2631–2659, 1999. , , , , , , , , , , and ,
- Detection of anthropogenic climate change in the world's oceans, Science, 292, 270–274, 2001. , , and ,
- The climate response to the changing greenhouse gas concentration in the atmosphere, in Decadal climate variability; dynamics and predictability, edited by D. L. T. Anderson, and J. Willebrand, NATO ASI series, vol. 44, Springer, Berlin, 1996. ,
- Multi-pattern fingerprint method for detection and attribution of climate change, Clim. Dyn., 13, 601–611, 1997. ,
- On multi-fingerprint detection and attribution of greenhouse gas and aerosol forced climate change, Clim. Dyn., 13, 613–634, 1997. , , , , , , and ,
- IPCC, Scientific Assessment of Climate Change, edited by J. T. Houghton, Jenkins, and J. J. Ephraums, Cambridge Univ. Press, New York, 365 pp., 1990.
- IPCC, Climate Change 1995: The Science of Climate Change, edited by J. T. Houghton, L. G. Meira Filho, B. A. Callendar, N. Harris, A. Kattenberg, and K. Maskell. Cambridge Univ. Press, New York, 572 pp., 1996.
- IPCC, Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis, edited by J. T. Houghton, Y. Ding, D. J. Griggs, M. Moguer, P. J. van der Linden, and D. Xiaosu. Cambridge Univ. Press, UK, 944 pp., 2001.
- The Hamburg atmosphere-ocean coupled circulation model ECHO-G, DKRZ technical report No. 18, Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum, Hamburg, Germany, 1999. , and ,
- Warming of the world ocean, Science, 287, 2225–2229, 2000. , , , and ,
- Anthropogenic warming of Earth's climate system, Science, 292, 267–270, 2001. , , , , , and ,
- Simulation of the Atlantic circulation with a coupled sea ice-mixed layer-isopycnal general circulation model. Part I: Model description, J. Phys. Oceanogr., 22, 808–829, 1993. ,
- The atmospheric general circulation model ECHAM-4: Model description and simulation of present-day climate, Rep. 218, Max-Planck-Inst. für Meteorol., Hamburg, Germany, 1996. , , , , , , , , , and ,
- Transient climate change simulations with a coupled atmosphere-ocean GCM including the tropospheric sulfur cycle, J. Climate, 12, 3004–3032, 1999. , , , , and ,
- Causes of twentieth century temperature change near the Earth's surface, Nature, 399, 569–572, 1999. , , , , and ,
- The Hamburg ocean primitive equation model HOPE, DKRZ technical report No. 13, Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum, Hamburg, Germany, 1997. , , and ,