Reduced methane emissions from large-scale changes in water management of China's rice paddies during 1980–2000
Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2002
Copyright 2002 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 29, Issue 20, pages 33-1–33-4, October 2002
How to Cite
Reduced methane emissions from largescale changes in water management of China's rice paddies during 1980–2000, Geophys. Res. Lett., 29(20), 1972, doi:10.1029/2002GL015370, 2002., , , , , , , , and ,
- Issue online: 24 OCT 2002
- Version of Record online: 24 OCT 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 JUL 2002
- Manuscript Revised: 20 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Received: 23 APR 2002
- Beijing Agricultural University, Cropland Management, Agricult. Press, Beijing, 286 pp. (in Chinese), 1992.
- Impact of gas transport through rice cultivars on methane emission from rice paddy fields, Plant, Cell Environ., 20, 1175–1183, 1997. , , and ,
- Measurements of CH4 and N2O emissions from rice paddies in Fengqiu, China, Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 45, 1–13, 1999. , , , , , , , and ,
- Methane emission from deepwater rice fields in Thailand, Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosys, 58, 121–130, 2000. , , , , ,
- CRTSA (Central Radio and Television School of griculture), Textbooks for Primary Agricult. Techn. Training, Vols. I–VI, China Agric. Publ. House, Beijing (In Chinese), 1995.
- Atlas of Phenology for Major Crops in China, Meteorological Press, Beijing, pp. 1–177, (In Chinese), 1994. , , , ,
- Impact of gypsum application on the methane emission from a wetland rice field, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 8, 127–134, 1994. and ,
- Methane emissions from rice fields: The effect of plant height among different cultivars, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 13, 1045–1052, 1999. , , , and ,
- Continuing decline in the growth rate of the atmospheric methane burden, Nature, 393, 447–450, 1998. , , , and ,
- Measurements of an anomalous global methane increase during 1998, Geophys. Res. Lett, 28, 499–502, 2001. , , , , and ,
- Effect of nitrogen fertilizers and moisture content on CH4 and N2O fluxes in a humisol: Measurements in the field and intact soil cores, Biogeochemistry, 29, 199–222, 1995. , , , and ,
- FAOSTAT, Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN, 2002. http://apps.fao.org/
- Combining remote sensing and ground census data to develop new maps of the distribution of rice agriculture in China, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, in press, 2002. , , , , , , and ,
- Crop Practice in Southern China, China Agricult. Publ. House, Beijing (In Chinese), 1997a. , , ,
- Methane emission from Texas rice paddy soils. 2. Seasonal contribution of rice biomass production to CH4 emission, Global Change Biology, 3, 491–500, 1997b. , , and ,
- Comparison of field measurements of CH4 emission from rice cultivation in Nanjing, China and in Texas, USA, Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, 18, 1121–1130, 2001. , , , , and ,
- Institute of Soil Science, The Soil Atlas of China, Academia Sinica, Cartographic Publ. House, Beijing, 1986.
- IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, OECD/ODCE, Paris, 1997.
- IRRI (International Rice Research Institute), Riceweb, 2002. http://www.riceweb.org/
- Changing methane lifetime: Possible cause for reduced growth, Geophys. Res. Lett., 2, 93–96, 2000. , and ,
- Aerenchyma formation and methane and oxygen exchange in rice, Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 57, 386–391, 1993. , , and ,
- Sensitivity of the CH4 growth rate to changes in CH4 emissions from natural gas and coal, J. Geophys. Res., 101, 14,387–14,397, 1996. , and ,
- Modeling trace gas emissions from agricultural ecosystems, Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosys., 58, 259–276, 2000. ,
- A model of nitrous oxide evolution from soil driven by rainfall events: 1. Model structure and sensitivity, J. Geophys. Res., 97, 9759–9776, 1992. , , and ,
- A process-oriented model of N2O and NO emissions from forest soils: 1, Model development, J. Geophys. Res., 105, 4369–4384, 2000. , , , , and ,
- Fertilizer effects on dinitrogen, nitrous oxide and methane emission from lowland rice, Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 54, 1789–1794, 1990. , , , and ,
- Cultivation Systems in China, Agric. Press, Beijing, China, (in Chinese), 1993. , ,
- MWRUC (Ministry of Water Resources and Utilization of China), Division of Rural Water Resources and Utilization, National Program for Conservation of Irrigation Water in Chinese Agriculture, Chinese Agricult. Press, Beijing, (in Chinese), 1996.
- National Soil Survey Office of China, Soils in China, Vol. 1–6, Agricultural Publishing House, Beijing, China, (in Chinese), 1993–1997.
- The budget of methane from rice fields, IGACtiv. NewsL., 12, 3–11, 1998. , and ,
- Atmospheric chemistry and greenhouse gases, in Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis, IPCC Third Assessment Report. Cambridge U Press, 2001. , , (lead authors),
- Exchange of methane from rice fields: national, regional, and global budgets, J. Geophys. Res., 104, 26,943–26,951, 1999. , , , and ,
- Methane emission from rice fields: The effect of flood Water management, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 6, 249–262, 1992. , , , , and ,
- Landsat reveals China's farmland reserves, but they're vanishing fast, Nature, 406, 121, 2000. , , and ,
- Soil Fertility in China, Chinese Agricultural Press, Beijing, China, (in Chinese), 1998. ,
- Enhancing researches on elevating efficiency of water use in Chinese agriculture, in Strategies Against Water Crisis in Chinese Agriculture, edited by Z. R. Shen, and R. Q. Su, Chinese Agricultural Science and Technology Press, Beijing, pp. 1–267, (in Chinese), 1998. , , ,
- The effects of drainage on soil parameters related to methane production and emission from rice paddies, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 11, 151–162, 1997. , , , and ,
- Global water resources: Vulnerability from climate change and population growth, Science, 289, 284–288, 2000. , , , and ,
- Characterization of methane emissions from rice fields in Asia. III. Mitigation options and future research needs, Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosys., 58, 23–36, 2000. , , , , , and ,
- Temporal patterns of methane emissions from wetland rice fields treated by different modes of N application, J. Geophys. Res., 99, 16,457–16,462, 1994. , , , , , , , , , , , and ,
- Effect of water management on methane emission from a Japanese rice field: Automated methane monitoring, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 10, 255–267, 1996. , , , and ,
- Effect of chemical fertilizer on methane emission from rice paddies, J. Geophys. Res., 99, 16,463–16,470, 1994. , and ,
- A simulation model linking crop growth and soil biogeochemistry for sustainable agriculture, Ecol. Model., 151, 75–108, 2002. , , , and ,
- Characters of greenhouse gas (CH4, N2O, NO) emissions from croplands of southeast China, World Res. Rev., 11, 229–245, 1999. , , , , and ,
- Reveiw and analysis of rice breeding of China, China Rice, 2001, 5–7, (in Chinese), 2001. , , et al.,