Dam removal in the United States: Emerging needs for science and policy
Version of Record online: 3 JUN 2011
©2003. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union
Volume 84, Issue 4, pages 29–33, 28 January 2003
How to Cite
2003), Dam removal in the United States: Emerging needs for science and policy, Eos Trans. AGU, 84(4), 29–33, doi:10.1029/2003EO040001., , , and (
- Issue online: 3 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 3 JUN 2011
- U. S. Geol. Surv. Water-Resources Investigations, Report 994215,2000. ,
- Channel adjustments following two dam removals in Wisconsin, Water Res. Res., 391101110.1029/2002WR001714, 2003. , , and ,
- , Federal Emergency Management Agency, National Dam Safety Program, http://www.fema.gov/mit/ndspweb. htm, 1999.
- , Heinz Center, Dam Removal: Science and Decision Making.The Heinz Center for Science, Economics, and the Environment, Washington, D. C., 2002.
- Changes in the habitat and fish community of the Milwaukee River, Wisconsin, following removal of the Woolen Mills Dam, North American Journal of Fisheries Management, 17, 387–400, 1997. , , and ,
- Recovery and management options for spring/summer Chinook Salmon in the Columbia River Basin, Science, 290, 977–979, 2000. , , and ,
- The hydrologist and dam removal - a legal perspective, Eos Trans., AGU, 59, 1069, 1978. ,
- , National Research Council, The Missouri River Ecosystem: Exploring the Prospects for Recovery, National Research Council, Washington, D. C., 2002.
- Effects of dam removal on river form and process, BioScience, 52, 683–692, 2002. ,
- Environmental considerations for assessing dam removal alternatives for river restoration, Regulated Rivers: Research and Management, 11, 249–261, 1995. ,
- A geomorphic perspective on nutrient retention following dam removal, BioScience, 52, 693–702, 2002. , and ,
- Short-term changes in channel form and macroinvertebrate communities following low-head dam removal, Journal of the North American Benthological Society, 21, 172–187, 2002. , , , and ,
- Reservoir drawdown: Case study in flow changes to potentially improve fisheries, Journal of Energy Engineering, 121, 89–96, 1995. ,
- , World Commission on Dams, Dams and Development, 404, Earthscan Publications, London, 2000.