Biomass burning in Asia: Annual and seasonal estimates and atmospheric emissions
Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2003
Copyright 2003 by the American Geophysical Union.
Global Biogeochemical Cycles
Volume 17, Issue 4, December 2003
How to Cite
2003), Biomass burning in Asia: Annual and seasonal estimates and atmospheric emissions, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 17, 1099, doi:10.1029/2003GB002040, 4., , , and (
- Issue online: 15 OCT 2003
- Version of Record online: 15 OCT 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 AUG 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 9 JUN 2003
- Manuscript Received: 24 JAN 2003
- Estimating regional anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases, in Indian Geosphere Biosphere Programme: Some Aspects, edited by T. N. Khoshoo, and M. Sharma, pp. 131–162, Haranand, New Delhi, 1991. ,
- Emissions of trace gases and aerosols from biomass burning, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 15, 955–966, 2001. , and ,
- Asian chemical outflow to the Pacific in spring: Origins, pathways, and budgets, J. Geophys. Res., 106, 23,097–23,113, 2001. , , , and ,
- Satellite analysis of the severe 1987 forest fires in northern China and southeastern Siberia, J. Geophys. Res., 99, 18,627–18,638, 1994. , , , , and ,
- Regional-scale chemical transport modeling in support of intensive field experiments: Overview and analysis of the TRACE-P observations, J. Geophys. Res., 108, 8823, doi:10.1029/2002JD003117, in press, 2003. , et al.,
- China State Statistical Bureau, China Statistical Yearbook, China Stat. Publ. House, Beijing, 2000.
- Interannual and seasonal variability of biomass burning emissions constrained by satellite observations, J. Geophys. Res., 108(D2), 4040, doi:10.1029/2002JD002378, 2003. , , , , and ,
- Food and Agriculture Organization, State of the World's Forests 1997, Rome, 1997.
- Food and Agriculture Organization, FAOSTAT Agricultural Database, Rome, 2001. (Available at http://apps.fao.org/page/collections?subset=agriculture).
- Impacts of biomass burning on tropospheric CO, NOx, and O3, J. Geophys. Res., 105, 6633–6653, 2000. , , and ,
- Spatial and temporal distribution of tropical biomass burning, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 8, 495–503, 1994. , and ,
- Biomass burning emission inventory with daily resolution: Application to aircraft observations of Asian outflow, J. Geophys. Res., 108, 8811, doi:10.1029/2002JD003082, in press, 2003. , , , , , , and ,
- A review of national emissions inventories from select non-annex I countries: Implications for counting sources and sinks of carbon, Annu. Rev. Energy Environ., 24, 571–605, 1999. , and ,
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), Greenhouse Gas Inventory Workbook: Revised 1996 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, vol. 2, edited by J. T. Houghton, Bracknell, U.K., 1997.
- Biomass burning in India, in Global Biomass Burning: Atmospheric, Climatic, and Biospheric Implications, edited by J. S. Levine, pp. 185–193, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass., 1991. ,
- Agricultural and forest fires: Generation, utilization and availability, paper presented at Regional Consultation on Modern Applications of Biomass Energy, Food and Agric. Org., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1997. , and ,
- Modeling of carbonaceous particles emitted by boreal and temperate wildfires at northern latitudes, J. Geophys. Res., 105, 26,871–26,890, 2000. , , , , and ,
- The 1997 fires in Kalimantan and Sumatra, Indonesia: Gaseous and particulate emissions, Geophys. Res. Lett., 26, 815–818, 1999. ,
- Analysis of fires in national forests in Taiwan (1963–1991), Bull. Taiwan For Res. Inst., 7(2), 169–178, 1992. ,
- Fueling One Billion: An Insider's Story of Chinese Energy Policy Development, Wash. Inst., Washington, D. C., 1993. ,
- The characteristics and influence of bio-smoke on the fine particle ionic composition measured in Asian outflow during TRACE-P, J. Geophys. Res., 108, 8816, doi:10.1029/2002JD003128, in press, 2003. , et al.,
- National Research Council, Grasslands and Grassland Sciences in Northern China, Natl. Acad., Washington, D. C., 1992.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), LandScan Global Population 1998 Database, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tenn., 1999.
- Description of EDGAR Version 2.0, Rep. 77 1060 002, Natl. Inst. of Public Health and the Environ., Bilthoven, Netherlands, 1996. , , , , , , , , and ,
- Inverting for emissions of carbon monoxide from Asia using aircraft observations over the western Pacific, J. Geophys. Res., 108, 8828, doi:10.1029/2003JD003397, in press, 2003. , , , , , , , and ,
- Coal-bearing regions and structural sedimentary basins of China and adjacent seas: Coal-bearing regions, U.S. Geol. Surv. Open File Rep., 00–047, 2000. ,
- Biomass and combustion characteristics of secondary mixed deciduous forests in Eastern Ghats of India, Atmos. Environ., 35, 3085–3095, 2001. , , , , , and ,
- Atmospheric optical and radiative effects of anthropogenic aerosol constituents from India, Atmos. Environ., 34, 4511–4523, 2000. , and ,
- Inventory of aerosol and sulphur dioxide emissions from India: II. Biomass combustion, Atmos. Environ., 36, 699–712, 2002. , and ,
- On the use of ATSR fire count data to estimate the seasonal and interannual variability of vegetation fire emissions, Atmos. Chem. Phys. Discuss., 2, 1159–1179, 2002. ,
- Maps showing geology, oil and gas fields, and geologic provinces of the Asia Pacific Region, U.S. Geol. Surv. Open File Rep., 97–470F, 1999. , , , and ,
- An inventory of gaseous and primary aerosol emissions in Asia in the year 2000, J. Geophys. Res., 108, 8809, doi:10.1029/2002JD003093, in press, 2003. , et al.,
- Biomass residues, in Biomass, edited by D. O. Hall, and R. P. Overend, pp. 75–102, John Wiley, New York, 1987. , and ,
- The global fire product: Daily fire occurrence from April 1992 to December 1993 derived from NOAA AVHRR data, Int. J. Remote Sens., 21, 1279–1288, 2000. , , and ,
- From economic activities to ecosystem protection in Europe: An uncertainty analysis of two scenarios of the RAINS Integrated Assessment Model, CIAM/CCE Rep. 1/2001, Natl. Inst. of Public Health and the Environ., Bilthoven, Netherlands, 2001. , , , , , and ,
- The influences of biomass burning during the TRACE-P experiment identified by the Regional Chemical Transport Model, J. Geophys. Res., 108, 8824, doi:10.1029/2002JD003110, in press, 2003. , , , , , , and ,
- Elemental characterization of particulate matter emitted from biomass burning: Wind tunnel derived source profiles for herbaceous and wood fuels, J. Geophys. Res., 102, 3683–3700, 1997. , , , , , , and ,
- United Nations/Economic Commission for Europe, Forest fires: Background, statistics, management and research, Int. For. Fire News, 13, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, Geneva, 1995.
- United Nations/Economic Commission for Europe, Forest and steppe fire monitoring in Mongolia using satellite remote sensing, Int. For. Fire News, 21, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, Geneva, 1999.
- Forest fires in China: Carbon dioxide emissions to the atmosphere, in Biomass Burning and Global Change, vol. 2, edited by J. S. Levine, pp. 771–778, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass., 1996. , , and ,
- The contribution of biomass and biofuel emissions to trace gas distributions in Asia during the TRACE-P experiment, J. Geophys. Res., 108, 8812, doi:10.1029/2002JD003200, in press, 2003. , et al.,
- Large-scale structure of trace gas and aerosol distributions over the Western Pacific Ocean during TRACE-P, J. Geophys. Res., 108, 8820, doi:10.1029/2002JD002946, in press, 2003. , et al.,