Effects of aerosol and SST gradients on marine stratocumulus albedo
Article first published online: 20 MAR 2004
Copyright 2004 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 31, Issue 6, March 2004
How to Cite
2004), Effects of aerosol and SST gradients on marine stratocumulus albedo, Geophys. Res. Lett., 31, L06113, doi:10.1029/2003GL018909., , , , and (
- Issue published online: 20 MAR 2004
- Article first published online: 20 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 FEB 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 29 JAN 2004
- Manuscript Received: 23 OCT 2003
 Airborne data are reported on the effect of sea surface temperature and aerosol gradients on the albedo of marine stratocumulus clouds off the coast of central California. Both types of gradients, at the magnitudes and spatial scales observed, produce significant and comparable trends in the cloud albedo (∼15% changes over 40 km).