Space weather and the electricity market: An initial assessment
Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2004
Copyright 2004 by the American Geophysical Union.
Volume 2, Issue 10, October 2004
How to Cite
2004), Space weather and the electricity market: An initial assessment, Space Weather, 2, S10003, doi:10.1029/2003SW000005., and (
- Issue online: 21 OCT 2004
- Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JUL 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 19 APR 2004
- Manuscript Received: 9 APR 2003
- 1992), Data Reduction and Error Analysis for the Physical Sciences, 2nd ed., McGraw-Hill, New York. , and (
- 1994), Geomagnetically induced currents: Present knowledge and future research, IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, 9, 50–56. (
- 1993), The solar flare myth, J. Geophys. Res., 98, 18,937–18,949. (
- 2003), Econometric Analysis, 5th ed., Prentice-Hall, Old Tappan, N. J. (
- 2001), An introduction to power grid impacts and vulnerabilities from space weather, NATO-ASI Book on Space Storms and Space Weather Hazards, NATO Sci. Ser., vol. 38, edited by I. A. Daglis, chap.13, pp. 335–361, Kluwer Acad., Norwell, Mass. (
- 1997), Geomagnetic storm forecasts and the power industry, Eos Trans. AGU, 78, 37. , , and (
- 1979), Geomagnetic influences on man-made systems, J. Atmos. Terr. Phys., 41, 787–796. (
- 1983), Geomagnetic induction effects in ground-based systems, Space Sci. Rev., 34, 347–356. (
- 2001), Astronomical prices: Can solar storms move power markets? Dow Jones Newswires, 7 Dec. (
- 2002), Electricity forward prices: A high-frequency empirical analysis, Rep. 10–02, UCLA Working Papers in Finance, Univ. of Calif., Los Angeles. , and (
- 1991), Econometric Models and Economic Forecasts, 3rd ed., McGraw-Hill, New York. , and (
- 1983), Induction in power transmission lines during geomagnetic disturbances, Space Sci. Rev., 35, 185–193. (
- 1999), Study explores space weather risk to natural gas pipeline in Finland, Eos Trans. AGU, 80, 332–333. , , , , and (
- PJM (2001a), PJM manual for transmission operations, revision 6, Norristown, Pa., 24 Jan.
- PJM (2001b), PJM successfully meets record high electricity demand, PJM press release, Norristown, Pa., 10 Aug.
- PJM (2002), PJM interconnection state of the market report 2001, Norristown, Pa., June.
- PJM (2003a), PJM manual 10: Pre-scheduling operations, Norristown, Pa., Dec.
- PJM (2003b), PJM interconnection state of the market report 2002, Norristown, Pa., June.
- PJM (2004), Emergency operations, revision 18, Norristown, Pa., 23 April.
- 1964), Hourly values of equatorial Dst for IGY, in Annals of the International Geophysical Year, vol. 35, pp. 945–948, Pergamon, New York. (
- 1978), Spline function fitted by standards regression methods, Rev. Econ. Stat., 60, 132–139. , , and (
- 2000), Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach, South-Western College, Cincinnati, Ohio. (