Comparison between probabilistic seismic hazard analysis and flood frequency analysis
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2011
©2005. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union
Volume 86, Issue 5, pages 45–52, 1 February 2005
How to Cite
2005), Comparison between probabilistic seismic hazard analysis and flood frequency analysis, Eos Trans. AGU, 86(5), 45–52, doi:10.1029/2005EO050001., and (
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2011
- Near-source attenuation of peak horizontal acceleration, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 77, 2039–2070, 1981. ,
- Prediction of strong ground motion using the hybrid empirical method and its use in the development of ground-motion (attenuation) relations in eastern North America, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 93, 1012–1033, 2003. ,
- Engineering seismic risk analysis, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 58, 1583–1606, 1968. ,
- Probabilistic analysis of damage to structures under seismic loads, Dynamic Waves in Civil EngineeringHowells, D. A., et al., 473– 493, Wiley-Interscience, Hoboken, N. J., 1971. ,
- How can seismic hazard around the New Madrid Seismic Zone be similar to that in California?, Seismol. Res. Lett., 75, 575–586, 2004. ,
- National Seismic Hazard Maps: Documentation June 1996Open File Rep., 96-532, 110U.S. Geol. Surv., 1996. , , , , , , , and ,
- Documentation for the 2002 update of the National Seismic Hazard MapsOpen File Rep, 02-420, 33U.S. Geol. Surv., 2002. , et al.,
- Hydrology and Hydraulic Systems, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, N.J., 1989. ,
- , International Code Council, International Building Code, Falls Church,Va., 2000.
- , National Research Council, Probabilistic seismic hazard analysis: Report of the Panel on Seismic Hazard Analysis, 97, Nat. Acad. Press, Washington, D. C., 1988.
- When are ground motion estimates too high?, Seismol. Res. Lett., 74, 282, 2004. ,
- Should Memphis build for California's earthquakes?, Eos Trans. AGU, 84177, 184–185, 2003. , , and ,
- The earthquake potential of the New Madrid Seismic Zone, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 92, 2080–2089, 2002. , , , , , and ,
- Communicating with uncertainty: A critical issue with probabilistic seismic hazard analysis, Eos Trans. AGU, 54501, 506508, 2003. , , , and ,