Practical measures for combating communication system impairments caused by large magnetic storms
Article first published online: 9 SEP 2006
Copyright 2006 by the American Geophysical Union.
Volume 41, Issue 6, December 2006
How to Cite
2006), Practical measures for combating communication system impairments caused by large magnetic storms, Radio Sci., 41, RS6S41, doi:10.1029/2005RS003404., , , and (
- Issue published online: 9 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 9 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 16 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 4 OCT 2005
- Aeronautical Radio Incorporated (ARINC) (1996), HF data link system design guidance material, ARINC Rep. 634, Annapolis, Md.
- Aeronautical Radio Incorporated (ARINC) (1997), ARINC characteristic 753-1, HF data link system, Annapolis, Md.
- Aeronautical Radio Incorporated (ARINC) (1998), RINC specification 635-2, HF data link protocols, Annapolis, Md.
- 1991), HF Communications: Science and Technology, Van Nostrand Reinhold, Hoboken, N. J. (
- 2005), Space Weather and Telecommunications, Springer, New York. (
- 2004), Performance of the GLOBALink/HF network during the Halloween storm period of 2003, Eos Trans. AGU, 85(47), Fall Meet. Suppl., Abstract SA44A-05. , and (
- 1996a), Growing the ALE standard, paper presented at Conference on HF Radio Systems and Techniques, Inst. of Electr. Eng., London. , , and (
- 1996b), Communication availability enhancement of hybrid systems through exploitation of media diversity: Evaluation of HF and satellite communication impairment mechanism, paper presented at 1996 Military Communications Conference, Inst. of Electr. and Electron. Eng., McLean, Va., 21 – 24 Oct. , , and (
- 1997), A long-term investigation of the HF communication channel over middle and high latitude paths, Radio Sci., 32(4), 1705–1715. , , and (
- Institute for Telecommunication Sciences (1998), High Frequency Radio Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) Application Handbook, Boulder, Colo.
- 2005), Improved guidelines for automatic link establishment (ALE) operations, in IES2005 Proceedings, edited by J. M. Goodman, pp. 280–289, JMG Assoc., Alexandria, Va. (
- 2004), What's all this solar stuff anyhow, in Global Link Newsletter, p. 4, ARINC Corp., Annapolis, Md., Mar. , and (
- 1993), Simulated effects of sounding on automatic link establishment HF radio network, NTIA-93-291, NTIS Tech. Inf. Bull. 92-21, Nat. Tech. Inf. Serv., Springfield, Va. (