Unintended consequences of increasing block tariffs pricing policy in urban water
Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2007
Copyright 2007 by the American Geophysical Union.
Water Resources Research
Volume 43, Issue 3, March 2007
How to Cite
2007), Unintended consequences of increasing block tariffs pricing policy in urban water, Water Resour. Res., 43, W03402, doi:10.1029/2005WR004493., and (
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 11 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Received: 7 AUG 2005
- American Water Works Association (AWWA) (2004), Water and Wastewater Rate Survey, Denver, Colo.
- Asian Development Bank (1993), Water Utilities Handbook: Asian and Pacific Region, Manila, Philippines.
- 2000), The political economy of water tariff design in developing countries: Increasing block tariffs versus uniform price with rebate, in The Political Economy of Water Pricing Reform, edited by A. Dinar, Oxford Univ. Press, New York. , and (
- 1994), Pricing and Price Regulation, Elsevier, New York. (
- 1978), The effect of income taxation on labor supply: Evaluating the Gary Income Maintenance Experiment, J. Polit. Econ., 86, 1103–1130. , and (
- 2002), Muffled price signals: Household water demand under increasing-block prices, Work. Pap. 40.2002, Fond. Eni Enrico Mattei, Milan, Italy. , , and (
- 1986), Water demand estimation under block rate pricing: A simultaneous equation approach, Water Resour. Res., 22, 859–863. , , and (
- 1979), An analysis of residential demand for water using micro time series data, Water Resour. Res., 15, 763–767. (
- 1995), A discrete/continuous choice approach to residential water demand under block rate pricing, Land Econ., 76, 322–323. , and (
- 1998), Forms and functions of water pricing: An overview, in Urban Water Demand Management and Planning, McGraw-Hill, New York. (
- 1984), Instrumental price estimates and residential water demand, Water Resour. Res., 20, 197–202. , and (
- 1984), Saving Water in a Desert City, Resour. for the Future, Washington, D. C. , , , and (
- 1986), The econometrics of piecewise-linear budget constraints, J. Bus. Econ. Stat., 4, 317–328. (
- 1990), The econometrics of kinked budget constraints, J. Econ. Perspect., 4, 119–139. (
- 2002), Estimating residential water demand under block rate pricing: A nonparametric approach, paper presented at 2002 World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists, Assoc. of Environ. and Resour. Econ., Monterey, Calif. , and (
- 1988), Urban water demand estimates under increasing block rates, Growth Change, 19, 1–12. , and (
- 1989), Comparing residential water demand estimates under decreasing and increasing block rates using household data, Land Econ., 65, 280–289. , and (
- 1991), A note on price perception in water demand models, Land Econ., 67, 352–359. , and (
- 2005), Do consumers react to the shape of supply? Water demand under heterogeneous price structures, AEI-Brookings Joint Cent. Work. Pap. 05–10, AEI-Brookings Joint Cent. for Regul. Stud., Washington, D. C. , , and (
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) (1999), The Price of Water: Trends in OECD Countries, Paris.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) (2003), Social Issues in the Provision and Pricing of Water Services, Paris.
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (2004), Bulletin of Housing Statistics for Europe and North America 2004, Geneva.
- 1992), Possible adverse effects of increasing block water tariffs in developing countries, Econ. Dev. Cult. Change, 41, 75–87. (
- 1985), Estimating urban residential demand for water under alternative price measures, J. Urban Econ., 18, 213–225. (