Inter- and intra-continental transport of radioactive cesium released by boreal forest fires
Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2006
Copyright 2006 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 33, Issue 12, June 2006
How to Cite
2006), Inter- and intra-continental transport of radioactive cesium released by boreal forest fires, Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L12806, doi:10.1029/2006GL026206., , , , , , and (
- Issue online: 23 JUN 2006
- Version of Record online: 23 JUN 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 21 APR 2006
- Manuscript Received: 3 MAR 2006
- 1996), Burning radionuclide question: What happens to iodine, caesium and chlorine in biomass fires? Sci. Total Environ., 187, 93–103. , , , , and (
- Beak Consultants Limited (1995), Review of the National Radioactivity Monitoring Network and Reactor Monitor Network: Report prepared for Health Canada, BEAK Ref. 20177.1, Health Can., Ottawa, Canada.
- FIRESCAN Science Team (1996), Fire in ecosystems of boreal Eurasia: The Bor Forest Island Fire Experiment, Fire Research Campaign Asia-North (FIRESCAN), in Biomass Burning and Global Change, Vol. II, edited by J. S. Levine, pp. 848–873, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass.
- 2003), Transport of forest fire smoke above the tropopause by supercell convection, Geophys. Res. Lett., 30(10), 1542, doi:10.1029/2002GL016820. , and (
- 2005), MODIS Collection 4 Active Fire Product User's Guide Version 2, report, 37 pp., Sci. Syst. and Appl. Inc., Lanham, Md. (
- 2004), The current fire situation in the Russian Federation: Implications for enhancing international and regional cooperation in the UN framework and the global programs on fire monitoring and assessment, Int. Forest Fire News, 29, 89–111. , , and (
- 2000), Introduction to the verification regime of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty, Phys. Earth Planet. Inter., 113, 5–9. , , and (
- 2000), Forest fires in the territory contaminated as a result of the Chernobyl accident: Radioactive aerosol resuspension and exposure to fire fighters, J. Environ. Radioact., 51, 281–298. , et al. (
- 1991), Distribution and retention of cesium in Swedish boreal forest ecosystems, in The Chernobyl Fallout in Sweden, edited by L. Moberg, Swed. Radiat. Prot. Inst., Stockholm, Sweden. , and (
- OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2002), Chernobyl: Assessment of radiological and health impacts: 2002 update of Chernobyl: Ten years on, report, NEA Comm. Radiat. Protect. and Public Health, Paris, France.
- 1995), Fire as an agent in redistributing fallout 137Cs in the Canadian boreal forest, Sci. Total Environ., 16, 153–166. , et al. (
- 2000), Low level radioactivity measurement in support of the CTBTO, Appl. Radiat. Isotopes, 53, 23–30. , , and (
- 2004), Source-receptor matrix calculation with a Lagrangian particle dispersion model in backward mode, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 4, 51–63. , and (
- 1998), Validation of the Lagrangian particle dispersion model FLEXPART against large scale tracer experiment data, Atmos. Environ., 32, 4245–4264. , , and (
- 2003), A backward modeling study of intercontinental pollution transport using aircraft measurements, J. Geophys. Res., 108(D12), 4370, doi:10.1029/2002JD002862. , , , , , , , , , and (
- 2005), Technical note: The Lagrangian particle dispersion model FLEXPART version 6. 2, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 5, 2461–2474. , , , , and (
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) (2000a), Annex C: Exposures to the public from man-made sources of radiation, in Sources and Effects of Ionizing Radiation, vol. 1, Sources, 2000 Rep. to the Gen. Assem., 291 pp., Vienna, Austria.
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) (2000b), Annex J: Exposures and effects of the Chernobyl accident, in Sources and Effects of Ionizing Radiation, vol. 2, Effects, 2000 Rep. to the Gen. Assem., 115 pp., Vienna, Austria.
- 2000), The influence of Canadian forest fires on pollutant concentrations in the United States, Science, 288, 324–328. , and (
- 2003), Atmospheric transport modelling in support of CTBT verification—Overview and basic concepts, Atmos. Environ., 37, 2529–2537. , et al. (