Assessing the publication productivity and impact of eminent geoscientists
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2007
©2007. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union
Volume 88, Issue 38, pages 370–371, 18 September 2007
How to Cite
2007), Assessing the publication productivity and impact of eminent geoscientists, Eos Trans. AGU, 88(38), 370–371, doi:10.1029/2007EO380002., , and (
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2007
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2007
- Fair Science: Women in the Scientific Community, 336, Free Press, New York., 1979. ,
- A short history of the use of citations as a measure of the impact of scientific and scholarly work, The Web of Knowledge: A Festschrift in Honor of Eugene GarfieldCronin, B., and H. B. Atkins, 281–200, Inf. Today Medford, N. J., 2000. ,
- Social Stratification in Science, 283, Univ. of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill., 1973. , and ,
- Assessing faculty publishing productivity: Issues of equity, ASHE-ERIC Higher Educ. Rep., 26(2), 117, ERIC Higher Educ.Clearinghouse, Washington, D. C., 1998. ,
- Analysis of publications and citations from a geophysics research institute, J. Am. Soc. Inf.Sci. Technol., 52, 701–713, 2001. , and ,
- Using the literature: Reference networks, reference contexts, and the social structure of scholarship, Am. Sociol. Rev., 65, 846–865, 2000. ,
- Science in Action, 274, Harvard Univ. Press, Cambridge, Mass., 1987. ,
- 1982), Citation context analysis, in , Progress in Communication Sciences, 3, pp. 287–310, edited by Dervin, B. and Voigt, M. J.. Ablex, Norwood, N.J.. (
- Gender Differences in Science Careers: The Project Access Study, 187, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick, N. J., 1995. ,
- , Thomson Scientific (2002), Journal self-citation in the Journal Citation Reports®—Science Edition (2002), Philadelphia, Pa. (Available at http://scientific.thomson.com/knowtrend/essays/journalcita-tionreports/selfcitation2002/).
- Why So Slow? The Advancement of Women, 401, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass., 1998. ,
- Authors as citers over time, J. Am. Soc. Inf. Sci. Technol., 52, 87–108, 2000. ,
- Women in Science: Career Processes and Outcomes, 318, Harvard Univ. Press, Cambridge, Mass., 2003. , and ,
- Scientific Elite: Nobel Laureates in the United States, 335, Free Press, New York, 1977. ,
- Zuckerman, H., J. Cole, and J. Butler, The Outer Circle: Women in the Scientific Community, 342, W.W. Norton, New York., 1991.