Near-surface permafrost degradation: How severe during the 21st century?
Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2007
Copyright 2007 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 34, Issue 9, 16 May 2007
How to Cite
2007), Near-surface permafrost degradation: How severe during the 21st century? Geophys. Res. Lett., 34, L09503, doi:10.1029/2007GL029323.(
- Issue online: 10 MAY 2007
- Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 APR 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 7 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 11 JAN 2007
- 1973), Distribution of permafrost in North America and its relationship to the environment: A review, 1963–1973, in Permafrost: The North American Contribution to the Second International Conference, Yakutsk, pp. 71–100, Natl. Acad. of Sci., Washington D. C. , and (
- 1997), Changes in the atmospheric CH4 gradient between Greenland and Antarctica during the Holocene, J. Geophys. Res., 102(D13), 15,987–15,997. , , , , , , , and (
- 2003), Changes in soil temperature and active layer thickness during the twentieth century in a region in western Canada, J. Geophys. Res., 108(D22), 4696, doi:10.1029/2002JD003355. , , , , and (
- 2006), The Community Climate System Model Version 3 (CCSM3), J. Clim., 19(11), 2122–2143, doi:10.1175/JCLI3761.1. , et al. (
- 2004), Satellite-observed changes in the Arctic, Phys. Today, 57(8), 38–44. , and (
- 1998), Numerical simulation of permafrost growth and decay, J. Quat. Sci., 13(4), 325–333. (
- 2003), Numerical simulation of the temperature field of a palsa reveals strong influence of convective heat transport by groundwater, in Permafrost: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Permafrost, Zurich, Switzerland, 21–25 July 2003, edited by M. Phillips, S. M. Springman, and L. U. Arenson, pp. 181–186, A. A. Balkema, Brookfield, Vt. , and (
- 2005), Establishment of standardized stations to monitor the response of permafrost to climate change, Ber. Polar Meeresforsch., 506, 32–34. , , and (
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (2001), Technical Summary IPCC 2001: Mitigation, 71 pp., Cambridge Univ. Press, New York.
- Joint Departments of the Army and Air Force, USA (1987), Arctic and subarctic construction: General provisions, Tech. Manual TM 5-852-1/AFR 88-19, vol. 1, Dep. of Army and Air Force, Washington, D. C.
- 1986), Changing climate: Geothermal evidence from permafrost in the Alaskan Arctic, Science, 234, 689–696. , and (
- 2005), A projection of severe near-surface permafrost degradation during the 21st century, Geophys. Res. Lett., 32, L24401, doi:10.1029/2005GL025080. , and (
- 1979), Geocryology–A Survey of Periglacial Processes and Environments, 406 pp., Edward Arnold, London. (
- 2006), Permafrost and the global carbon budget, Science, 313, 1612–1613. , , and (