Modelling the spread of oil under fast sea ice using three-dimensional multibeam sonar data
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2007
Copyright 2007 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 34, Issue 22, November 2007
How to Cite
2007), Modelling the spread of oil under fast sea ice using three-dimensional multibeam sonar data, Geophys. Res. Lett., 34, L22506, doi:10.1029/2007GL031754., , and (
- Issue published online: 29 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Received: 21 AUG 2007
- Arctic Climate Impact Assessment (2005), Arctic Climate Impact Assessment, 1042 pp., Cambridge Univ. Press, New York.
- Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (1998), Petroleum hydrocarbons, in Assessment Report: Arctic Pollution Issues, pp. 661–701, Arctic Monit. and Assess. Programme, Oslo, Norway.
- 1979), Fast ice thickness and snow depth in relation to oil entrapment potential, Prudhoe Bay Alaska, U.S. Geol. Surv. Open File, 79–539. , , , and (
- 1979), The transport and behaviour of spilled oil under ice, paper presented at the Third Annual Technical Seminar, Arctic Mar. Oil Spill Program, Edmonton, Alberta, 3 – 5 June. , and (
- 2006), Offshore oil spill response in dynamic ice conditions: A report to WWF on considerations for the Sakhalin II Project, report, 74 pp., Nuka Research, Seldovia, Alaska. , , , and (
- 2000), Oil spills in ice discussion paper-a review of spill response, ice conditions, oil behaviour, and monitoring, report, DF Dickins Assoc., La Jolla, Calif. (
- 1999), Oil spill countermeasures for ice covered waters, J. Pure Appl. Chem., 71(1), 173–191. , and (
- Emergency Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Working Group (1998), Field Guide for Oil Spill Response in Arctic Waters, 348 pp., Arctic Counc., Environ. Can., Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
- 2003), Review of behaviour of oil in freezing environments, Mar. Pollut. Bull., 47, 333–340. , and (
- 1977), An exploratory study of the behaviour of crude oil spills under ice, Can. J. Chem. Eng., 55, 696–700. , , and (
- 2006), Post-mission analysis with the HUGIN AUV and high-resolution interferometric SAS, paper presented at OCEANS, IEEE, Boston, Mass., 18 – 21 Sept. , , , and (
- 2006), Future abrupt reductions in the summer Arctic sea ice, Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L23503, doi:10.1029/2006GL028024. , , and (
- International Union for Conservation and Natural Resources (1993), Oil and gas exploration and production in Arctic and Subarctic onshore regions, report, 56 pp., Int. Union for Conserv. and Nat. Resour. Oil Ind. Explor. and Prod. Forum, Gland, Switzerland.
- 1975), Behavior of oil spilled under floating ice, in Proceedings of the 1975 Conference on Prevention and Control of Oil Pollution, pp. 497–501, Am. Pet. Inst., Washington, D. C. , and (
- 1977), Sea ice thickness profiling and under-ice oil entrapment, paper presented at 9th Annual Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, Tex., 2 – 5 May. (
- 1981), Pooling of oil under sea ice, paper presented at Sixth International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions, POAC, Quebec City, Que., 27 – 31 July. , , , and (
- 1979), Studies of oil spill behaviour under ice, paper presented at Workshop on Oil, Ice and Gas, Inst. for Environ. Studies, Univ. of Toronto, Ont. (
- 1980), Under-ice current regimes in the nearshore Beaufort Sea, in Beaufort Sea Winter Watch, edited by D. M. Schell, Spec. Bull. 29, pp. 16–18, Arctic Proj. Off. Univ. of Alaska, Fairbanks. (
- United States Arctic Research Commission (USARC) (2004), Advancing oil spill response in ice covered water, report, 28 pp., D. F. Dickins Assoc., La Jolla, Calif.
- 1976), Oil and ice in the Beaufort Sea, Polar Rec., 18(114), 237–250. (
- 1980), Oil and ice in the Beaufort Sea–The physical effects of a hypothetical blowout, in Petromar 80: Petroleum and the Marine Environment, pp. 231–250, Assoc. Eur. Oceanique, Monaco. (
- 1990), Processes determining the bottom topography of multiyear Arctic sea ice, in Sea Ice Properties and Processes, Monogr., vol. 90-1, edited by S. F. Ackley, and W. F. Weeks, pp. 136–141, U.S. Army Cold Reg. Res. and Eng. Lab., Hanover, N. H. , and (
- 2006), A new view of the underside of Arctic sea ice, Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L04501, doi:10.1029/2005GL025131. , , and (
- 1979), Crystal alignments in the fast ice of arctic Alaska, CRREL Rep. 79-22, U.S. Army Cold Reg. Res. and Eng. Lab., Hanover, N. H. , and (