Characterization of rain attenuation in Bangladesh and application to satellite link design
Article first published online: 22 JAN 2008
Copyright 2008 by the American Geophysical Union.
Volume 43, Issue 1, February 2008
How to Cite
2008), Characterization of rain attenuation in Bangladesh and application to satellite link design, Radio Sci., 43, RS1008, doi:10.1029/2007RS003634., and (
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 22 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 21 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 2 FEB 2007
- 1985), Modelling of a tropical raindrop size distribution for microwave and millimeter wave applications, Radio Sci., 20, 193–202. , and (
- 2001), Rain attenuation statistics from rain cell diameters and heights, Int. J. Satell. Commun., 19, 263–283. , , , and (
- 1977), Prediction of the effects of rain on satellite communication systems, Proc. IEEE, 65(3), 456–474. (
- 1980), Prediction of attenuation by rain, IEEE Trans. Commun., 28(9), 1717–1733. (
- 1993), Estimating risk for Earth-satellite attenuation prediction, Proc. IEEE, 81(6), 905–913. (
- 2002), A prediction model that combines rain attenuation and other propagation impairments along Earth-satellite paths, Online J. Commun., 2, 1–37. , , and (
- 2004), Global variability of precipitation according to the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission, J. Geophys. Res., 109, D17103, doi:10.1029/2004JD004607. , , , , , and (
- International Telecommunication Union Radiocommunication Assembly (2003a), Characteristics of precipitation for propagation modelling, Recomm. ITU-R P. 837-4, 8 pp., Int. Telecommun. Union, Geneva, Switzerland.
- International Telecommunication Union Radiocommunication Assembly (2003b), Propagation data and prediction methods required for the design of Earth-space telecommunication systems, Recomm. ITU-R P. 618-8, 24 pp., Int. Telecommun. Union, Geneva, Switzerland.
- International Telecommunication Union Radiocommunication Assembly (2005), Conversion of annual statistics to worst-month statistics, Recomm. ITU-R P. 841-4, pp. 1–6, Int. Telecommun. Union, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 1978), Climatology of instantaneous rainfall rates, J. Appl. Meteorol., 17, 1135–1140. , and (
- 1990), Probability and Statistics for Modern Engineering, PWS-Kent Publ., Boston. (
- 2004), Rain attenuation modeling from measurements of rain drop size distribution in the Indian Region, IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., 3, 180–181. (
- 1973), Cumulative Time Statistics of Surface-Point Rainfall Rates, IEEE Trans. Commun., 21(10), 1131–1136. , and (
- 1976), Statistical rainstorm models: Their theoretical and physical foundations, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., 24(4), 547–566. (
- 2005), Digital Signal Processing: A Hands-On Approach, McGraw-Hill, New York. , and (
- 2005c), Study of prediction models compared with the measurement results of rainfall rate and Ku-band Rain attenuation at Indonesian tropical cities, paper presented at 5th International Conference on Information, Communications, and Signal Processing, Inst. of Electr. and Electon. Eng., Inc., Bangkok, 6–9 Dec. , , , , and (
- 2002), Measured slant path attenuation and rainfall statistics in southern England in relation to ITU-R predictions, paper presented at 1st International Workshop, Propagation Impairment Mitigation for Millimetre Wave Radio Systems, Cooperation Eur. dans le Domaine de la Rech. Sci. et Tech. Action 280, Malvern, United Kingdom, 1–3 July. , and (