This is a commentary on DOI:10.1029/2007GL032122.
Comment on “Do stable atmospheric layers exist?” by S. Lovejoy et al.
Version of Record online: 9 JUN 2009
Copyright 2009 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 36, Issue 11, June 2009
How to Cite
2009), Comment on “Do stable atmospheric layers exist?” by S. Lovejoy et al. Geophys. Res. Lett., 36, L11811, doi:10.1029/2008GL034231.(
- Issue online: 9 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 9 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 27 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Received: 8 APR 2008
- 1998), The use of state-of-the-art kites for profiling the lower atmosphere, Boundary Layer Meteorol., 87, 1–25. , , and (
- 1973), Problems and prospects for eigenvector analysis in meteorology, Statistician, 22(2), 133–145. (
- 2003), Coriolis effect on coherent structures in planetary boundary layers, J. Turbulence, 4, 017. (
- 2004), Simulation of Ekman boundary layers by large eddy model with dynamic mixed subfilter closure, Environ. Fluid Mech., 4, 273–303. (
- 2006), Universal dependences between turbulent and mean flow parameters in stably and neutrally stratified planetary boundary layers, Nonlinear Processes Geophys., 13, 122–144. , and (
- 2003), Turbulence measurements with the CIRES tethered lifting system during CASES-99, J. Atmos. Sci., 60, 2487–2495. , , , and (
- 2008), Do stable atmospheric layers exist? Geophys. Res. Lett., 35, L01802, doi:10.1029/2007GL032122. , , , and (
- 2001), Fine-scale measurements of turbulence in the lower troposphere: An intercomparison between a kite- and balloon-borne, and a helicopter-borne measurement system, Boundary Layer Meteorol., 98, 250–291. , , , , , , and (
- 2002), An Introduction to Atmospheric Gravity Waves, Int. Geophys. Ser., vol. 85, 276 pp., Academic, San Diego, Calif. (
- 1960), The statistically orthogonal expansion of empirical functions, Izv. Acad. Sci. USSR Atmos. Oceanic Phys., Engl. Transl., no. 3), 288–291. (
- 2002), Third-order transport due to internal waves and non-local turbulence in the stably stratified surface layer, Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc., 128, 913–925. (