Journey to world top emitter: An analysis of the driving forces of China's recent CO2 emissions surge
Article first published online: 27 FEB 2009
Copyright 2009 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 36, Issue 4, February 2009
How to Cite
2009), Journey to world top emitter: An analysis of the driving forces of China's recent CO2 emissions surge, Geophys. Res. Lett., 36, L04709, doi:10.1029/2008GL036540., , , and (
- Issue published online: 27 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 27 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 10 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 31 OCT 2008
- 2002), Sources of output change in China: 1987–1997: Application of a structural decomposition analysis, Appl. Econ., 34, 2227–2237. , and (
- China Electricity Council (2007), China Electricity Industry Statistics Bulletin, China Electr. Counc., Beijing.
- 1999), Why has the energy-output ratio fallen in China? Energy J., 20, 63–91. , , and (
- 2008), China: Emissions pattern of the world leader in CO2 emissions from fossil fuel consumption and cement production, Geophys. Res. Lett., 35, L08806, doi:10.1029/2007GL032887. , , and (
- 2008), The drivers of Chinese CO2 emissions from 1980 to 2030, Global Environ. Change, 18, 626–634. , , , , and (
- 2007), Changing lifestyles and consumption patterns in developing countries: A scenario analysis for China and India, Futures, 39, 1084–1096. , , and (
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) (2006), 2006 IPCC Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories, edited by S. Eggleston et al., Inst. Global Environ. Strategies, Hayama, Japan.
- 1995), Input-output anatomy of China's energy use changes in the 1980s, Econ. Syst. Res., 7, 67–84. , and (
- National Bureau of Statistics (2006), 2002 Input-Output Table of China, China Stat., Beijing.
- National Bureau of Statistics (2007a), China Energy Statistical Yearbook 2006, China Stat., Beijing.
- National Bureau of Statistics (2007b), China Statistical Yearbook 2006, China Stat., Beijing.
- National Bureau of Statistics (2007c), China Statistical Yearbook 2007, China Stat., Beijing.
- National Bureau of Statistics (2008), 2005 Input-Output Table of China, China Stat., Beijing.
- National Development and Reform Commission (2006), Overview of the 11th Five Year Plan for National Economic and Social Development, Natl. Dev. and Reform Comm., Beijing.
- 2008), CO2 embodied in international trade with implications for global climate policy, Environ. Sci. Technol., 42, 1401–1407. , and (
- 2007), China's growing CO2 emissions—A race between lifestyle changes and efficiency gains, Environ. Sci. Technol., 41, 5939–5944. , , , and (
- 2006), What's so special about China's exports? China World Econ., 14, 1–19. (
- 1996), Input-output structural decomposition analysis: A critical appraisal, Econ. Syst. Res., 8, 33–62. , and (
- 2001), Accuracy and reliability of China's energy statistics, China Econ. Rev., 12, 372–383. (
- 2001), Recent reductions in China's greenhouse gas emissions, Science, 294, 1835–1837. , et al. (
- The Central People's Government (2008), Domestic Building Energy Saving Statute, The Central People's Gov. of the People's Repub. of China, Beijing.
- 1999), Handbook of Input-Output Table Compilation and Analysis, Stud. Methods Ser. F, vol. 74, U. N., New York. (
- 2005), Decomposition of energy-related CO2 emissions in China: 1957–2000, Energy, 30, 73–83. , , and (
- 2007), Who owns China's carbon emissions?, Tyndal Cent. for Clim. Change Res., Brighton, UK. , and (
- 2007), Embodied environmental emissions in U.S. international trade, 1997–2004, Environ. Sci. Technol., 41, 4875–4881. , and (
- 2008), The contribution of Chinese exports to climate change, Energy Policy, 36, 3572–3577. , , , and (
- 2007), Action plan aims to cut gas emissions, China Daily, 2 pp., 5 June. (
- 2007), Research, development, demonstration, and early deployment policies for advanced-coal technology in China, Energy Policy, 35, 6467–6477. , and (