Variability of the propagation coefficients due to rain for microwave links in southern Africa
Article first published online: 21 MAY 2009
Copyright 2009 by the American Geophysical Union.
Volume 44, Issue 3, June 2009
How to Cite
2009), Variability of the propagation coefficients due to rain for microwave links in southern Africa, Radio Sci., 44, RS3006, doi:10.1029/2008RS003912., and (
- Issue published online: 21 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 21 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 1 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Received: 16 MAY 2008
- 1996), Variations in raindrop size distribution and specific attenuation due to rain in Nigeria, Ann. Telecommun., 51(1–2), 87–93. , and (
- 1983), Some tropical rainfall rate characteristics at Ile-Ife for microwave and millimeter wave application, J. Clim. Appl. Meteorol., 23, 562–567. , and (
- 1985), Modeling of tropical raindrop size distribution for microwave and millimeter waves applications, Radio Sci., 20(2), 193–202. , and (
- Ajayi, G. O., S. Feng, S. M. Radicella, and B. M. Reddy (Eds.) (1996), Handbook on Radio Propagation Related to Satellite Communication in Tropical and Subtropical Countries, pp. 2–4, ICTP, Trieste, Italy.
- 1983), Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles, John Wiley, New York. , and (
- 1960), Radiative Transfer, Dover, Mineola, N. Y. (
- 2007), Rain attenuation prediction and modeling for line-of-sight links on terrestrial paths in South Africa, Radio Sci., 42, RS5006, doi:10.1029/2007RS003618. , and (
- International Telecommunication Union Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) (2005), Specific attenuation model for rain for use in prediction methods, Recomm. P.838-3, Geneva.
- International Telecommunication Union Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) (2007), Propagation data and prediction methods required for the design of terrestrial line-of-sight systems, Recomm. P.530-12, Geneva.
- 1991), A model for the complex permittivity of water at frequencies below 1THz, Int. J. Infrared Millimeter Waves, 12, 659–675. , , and (
- 2002a), Effects of rain on propagation, absorption and scattering of microwave radiation based on the dielectric model of Liebe, IAP Res. Rep. 02-10, Univ. of Bern, Bern, Switzerland, June . (
- 2002b), MATLAB functions for Mie scattering and absorption, version 2, IAP Res. Rep. 2002-08, Univ. of Bern, Bern, Switzerland, June . (
- 2002c), Drop-size distributions and Mie computations for rain, IAP Res. Rep. 2002-16, Univ. of Bern, Bern, Switzerland, Aug. (
- 1980), Two-stream approximations to radiative transfer in planetary atmospheres: A unified description of existing methods and a new improvement, J. Atmos. Sci., 37, 630–643. , and (
- 1982), Raindrop size distribution from microwave scattering measurements in equatorial and tropical climates, Electron. Lett., 18(23), 1112–1113. , and (
- 2006), Propagation measurements and multipath channel modeling for line-of-sight links at 19.5 GHz, SAIEE Res. J., 97(2), 162–171. , and (
- 1978), The aRb relation in the calculation of rain attenuation, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., AP-26(2), 318–329. , , and (
- 1976), Calculation of radio wave attenuation due to rain at frequencies up to 1000 GHz, CRC Rep. 1299, Dep. of Commun., Ottawa, Ont., Canada, Nov. , and (