Helping Scientists Become Effective Partners in Education and Outreach
Version of Record online: 3 JUN 2011
©2009. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union
Volume 90, Issue 1, page 3, 6 January 2009
How to Cite
2009), Helping Scientists Become Effective Partners in Education and Outreach, Eos Trans. AGU, 90(1), 3–3, doi:10.1029/2009EO010003., and (
- Issue online: 3 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 3 JUN 2011
- Scientists and public outreach: Participation, motivations, and impediments, J. Geosci. Educ., 533, 281–293, 2005. , , , , and ,
- , Biological Sciences Curriculum Studies (BSCS), Mystery of the Iceman, BSCS Science: An Inquiry Approach, Level 1Hunt, Kendall, Dubuque, Iowa, 2006.
- , How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and SchoolBransford, J. D., A. L. Brown, and R. R. Cocking, Natl. Res. Counc., Natl. Acad. Press, Washington, D. C., 1999.
- Improving science education: The role of scientists, fall 1998 newsletter of the Forum on Education, Am. Phys. Soc., College Park, Md., 1998. , and ,
- , Delta Education, Models and Designs, Full Option Scientific System (FOSS), Berkeley, Calif., 2008.
- A new model for inquiry: Is the scientific method dead?, J. Coll. Sci. Teach., 33, 29–33, 2004. ,
- Educators' views of collaboration with scientists, Am. Second. Educ., 353, 29–53, 2007. , and ,
- Great Lakes scientists' perspectives on K-12 education collaboration, J. Great Lakes Res., 34, 98–108, 2008. , and ,
- Professional development for education-engaged scientists: A research-based framework, EPO and a Changing World: Creating Linkages and Expanding Partnerships, ASP Conf. Ser., 381Garmany, C. D., et al., 289–297, Astron. Soc. of the Pac., San Francisco, Calif., 2008. , , and ,
- , Inquiry and the National Science Education Standards: A Guide for Teaching and LearningOlson, S., and S. Loucks-Horsley, Natl. Res. Counc., Natl. Acad. Press, Washington, D. C., 2000.
- 2002), A scientific method based upon research scientists' conceptions of scientific inquiry, in Proceedings of the 2002 Annual International Conference of the Association for the Education of Teachers in Science, edited by Rubba, P. A. , et al., Doc. ED 465602, Educ. Resour. Inf. Cent., U.S. Dep. of Educ., Washington, D. C.. , , and , (
- Approaches to biology teaching and learning: Science teaching and learning across the schooluniversity divide—Cultivating conversations through scientist-teacher partnerships, Cell Biol. Educ., 2, 195–20110-1187/cbe.03-10-0044, 2003. , , and ,
- Professional development needs and outcomes for education-engaged scientists: A researchbased framework and its application, J. Geosci. Educ., 563, 245–246, 2008. , , and ,
- , WGBH, Teaching High School Science: The Physics of Optics, Annenberg/CPBvideo series, Boston, Mass., 2000.