Is It Feasible to Build New Land in the Mississippi River Delta?
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2011
©2009. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union
Volume 90, Issue 42, pages 373–374, 20 October 2009
How to Cite
2009), Is It Feasible to Build New Land in the Mississippi River Delta?, Eos Trans. AGU, 90(42), 373–374, doi:10.1029/2009EO420001., , , , and (
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2011
- 2007), What the Gulf Coast is really owed, letter to the editor, Wash. Post, p. A22, 18 May. (
- Historic and predicted coastal Louisiana land changes: 1978–2050Natl. Wetlands Res. Cent., U.S. Geol. Surv, ., Baton Rouge, La., 2003. , et al.,
- Drowning of the Mississippi delta due to insufficient sediment supply and global sea-level rise, Nat. Geosci., 2, 488–491, 2009. , and ,
- , Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority of Louisiana (CPRA), (2007), Integrated ecosystem restoration and hurricane protection: Louisiana's comprehensive master plan for a sustainable coast, Baton Rouge..
- 2001), Drowning New Orleans, Sci. Am., Oct., 77–85. (
- Coastal Louisiana in crisis: Subsidence or sea level rise?, Eos Trans. AGU, 8745, 493498, 2006. , and ,
- Delta progradation driven by an advancing sediment source: Coupled theory and experiment describing the evolution of elongated deltas, Water Resour. Res., 45, W0642810.1029/2008WR007382, 2009. , , , and ,
- Progradational sand-mud deltas in lakes and reservoirs: Part 1. Theory and numerical modeling, J. Hydraul. Res., 412, 127–140, 2003. , and ,
- Historical subsidence and wetland loss in the Mississippi delta plain, Gulf Coast Assoc. Geol. Soc. Trans., 55, 555–571, 2005. , et al.,
- Alluvial fans formed by channelized fluvial and sheet flow: I. Theory, J. Hydraul. Eng., 12410, 985–995, 1998. , et al.,
- Large scale river morphodynamics: Application to the Mississippi delta, River Flow 2006: Proceedings of the International Conference on Fluvial Hydraulics, Lisbon, Portugal, 6–8 September 2006Ferreira, R. M. L., et al., 3–11, Taylor and Francis, London, 2006. , et al.,
- Unravelling the conundrum of river response to rising sea-level from laboratory to field: Part I. Laboratory experiments, Sedimentology, 556, 1643–1655, 2008. , , , , and ,
- An embryonic major delta lobe: A new generation of delta studies in the Atchafalaya-Wax Lake delta system, Gulf Coast Assoc. Geol. Soc. Trans., 53, 690–703, 2003. , et al.,
- Wetland sedimentation from hurricanes Katrina and Rita, Science, 3145798, 449–452, 2006. , et al.,