Radar simulation and physical modeling of time diversity satellite systems
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2009
Copyright 2009 by the American Geophysical Union.
Volume 44, Issue 4, August 2009
How to Cite
2009), Radar simulation and physical modeling of time diversity satellite systems, Radio Sci., 44, RS4009, doi:10.1029/2009RS004142., , and (
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2009
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 27 APR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 8 JAN 2009
- 1987a), A comprehensive meteorologically oriented methodology for the prediction of wave propagation parameters in telecommunication applications beyond 10 GHz, Radio Sci., 22, 387–393, doi:10.1029/RS022i003p00387. , , and (
- 1987b), Data and theory for a new model of the horizontal structure of rain cells for propagation applications, Radio Sci., 22, 395–404, doi:10.1029/RS022i003p00395. , , , , and (
- 2007), Performance of time diversity satellite communication systems investigated through radar simulation, in Proceedings of the Second European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2007), Edinburgh, U. K., 11–16 November, IEEE Press, Piscataway, N. J. , , and (
- 2008), Statistical properties of rain cells in the Padana Valley, J. Atmos. Oceanic Technol., 25, 2230–2244, doi:10.1175/2008JTECHA1130.1. , , and (
- 2009), A new prediction model of rain attenuation that separately accounts for stratiform and convective rain, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., in press. , , , , and (
- COST Action (2002), Radiowave propagation modelling for SatCom services at Ku band and above, COST 255 Final Rep., Eur. Space Agency, Noordwijk, Netherlands.
- COST Action (2005), Propagation impairment mitigation for millimetre wave radio systems, COST 280 Final Rep., Univ. of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, U. K.
- 2009), Characterization and modelling of time diversity statistics for satellite communications from 12 to 50 GHz, Int. J. Commun. Syst. Network, in press. , , , and (
- 2004), Quantitative evaluation of time diversity as a novel attenuation mitigation technology for future high speed satellite communication, IEICE Trans. Commun. E, 87-B, 2119–2123. , and (
- 2007), Novel mitigation technologies for rain attenuation in broadband satellite communication system using from Ka to W band, in Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing, Singapore, December, IEEE Press, Piscataway, N. J. , and (
- 2007), Time diversity method evaluated by rainfall rate in tropical Asian region, in Proceedings of the 25th International Communications Satellite Systems Conference, Seoul, Korea, April, AIAA, Alexandria, Va. , , , and (
- 1978), Path diversity for Earth space communication links, Radio Sci., 13, 481–487, doi:10.1029/RS013i003p00481. (
- 1967), Path diversity in propagation of millimeter waves through rain, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., 15, 410–415, doi:10.1109/TAP.1967.1138919. (
- International Telecommunication Union (2005), Specific attenuation model for rain for use in prediction methods, Recomm. P.838-3, Geneva.
- International Telecommunication Union (2007a), Propagation data and prediction methods required for the design of Earth-space telecommunication systems, Recomm. P.618-9, Geneva.
- International Telecommunication Union (2007b), Attenuation by atmospheric gases, Recomm. P.676-7, Geneva.
- 2000), Characteristics of fading and fade countermeasures on a satellite-Earth link operating in an equatorial climate, with reference to broadcast applications, Microwaves Antennas Propag., IEE Proc., 147(5), 369–373. , and (
- 2002), Tipping bucket mechanical errors and their influence on rainfall statistics and extremes, Water Sci. Technol., 45, 1–10. , , and (
- 2006), Time diversity as a rain attenuation countermeasure in satellite links in the 10–100 GHz frequency bands, in Proceedings of the First European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2006), Nice, France, 6–10 November, IEEE Press, Piscataway, N. J. (
- 2007), Time diversity in satellite links affected by rain: Prediction of the gain at different localities, in Proceedings of the Second European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2007), Edinburgh, U. K., 11–16 November, IEEE Press, Piscataway, N. J. (
- 2004), Toward the realization of a 21-GHz-band, satellite broadcasting system, Broadcast Technol., 20, 7–11. (
- 1984), Some features of ground rain patterns measured by radar in north Italy, Radio Sci., 19, 855–861, doi:10.1029/RS019i003p00855. (