Orbital angular momentum in radio: Measurement methods
Article first published online: 16 JUL 2010
Copyright 2010 by the American Geophysical Union.
Volume 45, Issue 4, August 2010
How to Cite
2010), Orbital angular momentum in radio: Measurement methods, Radio Sci., 45, RS4007, doi:10.1029/2009RS004299., , , , , , , and (
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 16 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 MAR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 9 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 28 SEP 2009
- orbital angular momentum;
- measurement methods
 Novel measurement and approximation methodologies for studying orbital angular momentum (OAM) modes in radio beams, i.e., electromagnetic beam modes having helical phase fronts, are presented. We show that OAM modes can be unambiguously determined by measuring two electric field components at one point, or one electric field component at two points.