Cassini imaging search rules out rings around Rhea
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2010
Copyright 2010 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 37, Issue 14, July 2010
How to Cite
2010), Cassini imaging search rules out rings around Rhea, Geophys. Res. Lett., 37, L14205, doi:10.1029/2010GL043663., , , and (
- Issue published online: 29 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 6 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 19 APR 2010
- Rhea rings
 We have conducted an intensive search using the Cassini ISS narrow-angle camera to identify any material that may orbit Rhea. Our results contradict an earlier and surprising inference that Rhea, the second-largest moon of Saturn, possesses a system of narrow rings embedded in a broad circum-satellite disk or cloud.