The Mairan domes: Silicic volcanic constructs on the Moon
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2011
Copyright 2011 by the American Geophysical Union.
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 38, Issue 21, November 2011
How to Cite
2011), The Mairan domes: Silicic volcanic constructs on the Moon, Geophys. Res. Lett., 38, L21204, doi:10.1029/2011GL049548., , , , , , , , and (
- Issue published online: 15 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 19 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 2 SEP 2011
 The Mairan domes are four features located in northern Oceanus Procellarum at ∼312.3E, 41.4N on the Moon. High resolution visible imagery, visible-to-mid-IR spectra, and Lunar Prospector Th abundance data all indicate that these four domes have a composition that is consistent with derivation from a Si-rich, highly evolved magma.