Hydrology and Land Surface Studies
Backwater controls of avulsion location on deltas
Article first published online: 12 JAN 2012
Copyright 2012 by the American Geophysical Union
Geophysical Research Letters
Volume 39, Issue 1, January 2012
How to Cite
2012), Backwater controls of avulsion location on deltas, Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L01402, doi:10.1029/2011GL050197., , and (
- Issue published online: 12 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 12 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 30 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 2 NOV 2011
- Caltech. Grant Numbers: GPS-Caltech Postdoc fund, XXX
- NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship. Grant Numbers: EAR0948224, XXX
- American Chemical Society Petroleum Research. Grant Numbers: XXX, XXX
Auxiliary material for this article contains a text file with information on methods and calculation procedure and a figure showing the Mississippi River turbid river plume during flood.
Auxiliary material files may require downloading to a local drive depending on platform, browser, configuration, and size. To open auxiliary materials in a browser, click on the label. To download, Right-click and select “Save Target As…” (PC) or CTRL-click and select “Download Link to Disk” (Mac).
Additional file information is provided in the readme.txt
|grl28828-sup-0001-readme.txt||plain text document||1K||readme.txt|
|grl28828-sup-0002-txts01.pdf||PDF document||307K||Text S1. Methods for estimating the backwater length scale for natural rivers and the governing equations and calculation procedure.|
Please note: Wiley-Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.