Surface Water and Climate
Streamflow simulation for continental-scale river basins
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2010
Copyright 1997 by the American Geophysical Union.
Water Resources Research
Volume 33, Issue 4, pages 711–724, April 1997
How to Cite
1997), Streamflow simulation for continental-scale river basins, Water Resour. Res., 33(4), 711–724, doi:10.1029/96WR03517., , , , and (
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 NOV 1996
- Manuscript Received: 5 NOV 1995
- Application of regional parameter estimation schemes to simulate the water balance of a large continental river, J. Hydrol., 1997. , ,
- National Weather Service river forecast system— Snow accumulation and ablation modelNOAA Tech. Memo. NWS HYDRO-17, 1973. ,
- Sensitivity of water resources in the Delaware River Basin to climate variability and change, U.S. Geol. Surv. Water Supply Pap., 2422, 1994. , , , , ,
- , Bonneville Power Administration, 1990 level modified streamflow 1928–1989, diversion and return flow patterns, summation of depletion adjustments, evaporation adjustments, Columbia river and coastal basins, Portland, Oreg.April, 1993.
- Parameterization of land-surface processes in numerical weather prediction, Land Surface Evaporation: Measurements and ParameterizationT. J. Schmugge, J. C. Andre, 31–54, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991. ,
- Hydrology: An Introduction to Hydrologic Science, Addisson-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1990. ,
- On the relationship between incoming solar radiation and daily maximum and minimum temperature, Agric. For. Meteorol., 31, 159–166, 1984. , ,
- Evaporation Into the Atmosphere, 299, Kluwer Acad., Norwell, Mass., 1982. ,
- A generalized streamflow simulation system: Conceptual modeling for digital computers, U.S. Natl. Weather Serv., Sacramento, Calif., 1973. , , ,
- Hydrologic effects of land-use change, inHandbook of Hydrology,chap. 13, edited byD. R. Maidment, McGraw-Hill,New York,1993. ,
- A statistical-topographic model for mapping climatological precipitation over mountainous terrain, J. Appl. Meteorol., 33, 140–158, 1994. , , ,
- NDVI-derived land cover classifications at a global scale, Int. J. Remote Sens., 1517, 3567–3586, 1994. , ,
- Biosphere-atmosphere transfer scheme (BATS) for the NCAR community climate modelNCAR Tech. Note TN-275+STR, 1986. , , , ,
- SECHIBA, a new set of parameterizations of the hydrologic exchanges at the landatmosphere interface within the LMD atmospheric general circulation model, J. Clim., 6, 248–273, 1993. , , ,
- A rainfall-runoff scheme for use in the Hamburg climate model, Advances in Theoretical Hydrology: A Tribute to James Dooge, Eur. Geophys. Soc. Ser. on Hydrol. Sci., 1J. P. O'Kane, 129–157, Elsevier, New York, 1992. , ,
- , Earthinfo Inc., NCDC Summary of the Day1,, 3, Earthinfo Inc., Boulder, Colo., 1991.
- Comparative analysis of several conceptual rainfall-runoff models, J. Hydrol., 122, 161–219, 1991. , ,
- Snow and floating ice, inHandbook of Hydrology,chap. 7, edited byD. R. Maidment, McGraw-Hill,New York,1993. , and ,
- The Project for Intercomparison of Land Surface Schemes (PILPS): Phases 2 and 3, Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc., 94, 489–503, 1995. , , , , ,
- The NCEP/NCAR 40-year reanalysis project, Bull. Am. Meteorol. Soc., 773, 437–471, 1996. , et al.,
- An improved method for estimating surface humidity from daily minimum temperature, Agric. For. Meteorol., 1997. , , ,
- Modeling the land surface boundary in climate models as a composite of independent vegetation stands, J. Geophys. Res., 97, 2697–2715, 1992. , ,
- Grouped response units for distributed hydrologic modeling, J. Water Resour. Plann. Manage., 1193, 289–305, 1993. , , , , ,
- Seasonal river runoff calculated from a global atmospheric model, Water Resour. Res., 28, 2029–2039, 1992. , ,
- A simple hydrologically based model of land surface water and energy fluxes for general circulation models, J. Geophys. Res., 99D7, 14,415–14,428, 1994. , , , ,
- Evaluating GCM land surface hydrology parameterizations by computing river discharges using a runoff routing model: Application to the Mississippi basin, J. Appl. Meteorol., 33, 394–405, 1994. , , ,
- The impact of global warming on river runoff, J. Geophys. Res., 97D3, 2757–2764, 1992. , ,
- Continental-scale river flow in climate models, J. Clim., 7, 914–928, 1994. , , ,
- , Riverside Technologies, Inc, Users guide to the Columbia River Forecast system, report prepared for Bonneville Power Admin. in conjunction with Harza EngineeringDec., 1994.
- Validation of hydrological schemes for climate models against catchment data, J. Hydrol., 155, 301–323, 1994. , ,
- Global river runoff calculated from a global atmosphere general circulation model, J. Hydrol., 116, 241–254, 1990. , ,
- A model of river runoff for use in coupled atmosphere-ocean model, J. Hydrol., 155, 337–352, 1994. , , ,
- A simple biosphere model (SiB) for use within general circulation models, J. Atmos. Sci., 43, 505–531, 1986. , , , ,
- A global 1 by 1 degree NDVI data set for climate studies, 2, The generation of global fields of terrestrial biophysical parameters from the NDVI, Int. J. Remote Sens., 1517, 3519–3545, 1994. , , , , , , ,
- A revised land surface parameterization (SiB2) for atmospheric GCMs, II, The generation of global fields of terrestrial biophysical parameters from satellite data, J. Clim., 9, 706–737, 1996. , , , , , , ,
- Evaporation, inHandbook of Hydrology,chap. 4, edited byD. R. Maidment, McGraw-Hill,New York,1993. ,
- Sensitivity of a GCM simulation of global climate to the representation of land surface hydrology, J. Clim., 7, 1218–1239, 1994. , , ,
- , U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Daily flow model of the Delaware River Basin, main reportCamp Dressler and McKee, Annandale, Va., 1981.
- , U.S. Geological Survey, River basins of the United States: The Columbia, U.S. Geological Survey, U.S. Govt. Print. Off., Washington, D.C., 1994.
- A daily hydroclimatological data set for the continental U.S., Water Resour. Res., 27, 1657–1664, 1991. , , ,
- A hydrologic model for predicting the effects of climate change, B.Sc. thesis,Dep. of Civ. Eng. and Oper. Res., Princeton Univ.,Princeton, N. J.,1994. ,
- A distributed hydrology-vegetation model for complex terrain, Water Resour. Res., 30, 1665–1679, 1994. , , ,
- Global scale hydrology: Advances in land surface modeling, U.S. Natl. Rep. Int. Union Geol. Geophys. 1987–1990, Rev. Geophys., 29, 193–201, 1991. ,
- , World Meteorological Organization (WMO), Arctic Climate System Study (ACSYS), Initial implementation planWCRP-85, WMO/TD, no. 627, Geneva, 1994.
- The Xinanjiang model, Hydrological Forecasting, Proceedings Oxford Symposium, IAHS Publ., 129, 351–356, 1980. , , , , ,